Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

Tito8824, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Could I get financing from a bank for a home loan with an itin#, have money to put down and possibly a co-signer with a valid ss#?

Asked by Tito8824, New York, NY Wed Jan 9, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


I think ITIN loans are a thing of the past. I've not seen anyone do them for 2-3 years now or more.
Maybe with co-signer that is different. Check with any lender and let them know your situation if you do have a co-signer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 14, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX

I can get loans done for people with an ITIN number without any co-signers. I do need to know who will be living in the home. There is a little more work required, but there is no one that will be able to get you the terms I can: No down payment, no closing costs, no perfect credit required. If you do not have open credit accounts (car loans, credit cards, etc) that is OK; I can use alternative credit such as utility payments. Friday's rate was 3.375% on a 30- year fixed.

Check out http://www.NACA.com for some background and details. Contact me with any questions.

John Lyng
Mortgage Counselor - NMLS 280951
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 13, 2013
I get about 5 of those clients every week but can not help them. I have tried Naca before but honestly, it was not a good experience.
Flag Wed Apr 9, 2014
Contact any lender of your choice and get hard answers from them.

Turtle Creek Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 9, 2013
It depends on how much you put down and what your credit is like. A co - signer will not be of much help but you should find a good lender (ask who you bank with if they have one) and get prequalified - they will ask you a list of questions about your finances, the house price, amount down - this will take a day or so and you will be able to take it from there.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 9, 2013
It is unlikely unless you are a business with valid books that show teh business income, expenses and tax returns. Your first step should be to neet with a local and trusted loan officer who can guide you and prequailify you
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 9, 2013
Hi Tito, You need to speak with a lender....... They will be able to answer any questions & offer options based on your particular situation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 9, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer