Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Jon, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Could I find a house in a nice area for 70k or under in North Atlanta area? Looking to move in a couple weeks and have never been.

Asked by Jon, Atlanta, GA Tue Feb 14, 2012

I have a high 700's credit score. Looking to get a FHA loan. From researching it seems North Atlanta are the nice areas but I'm not sure I can afford a house for 70k? What area would be the nicest in my price range..When I saw nicest I mean low crime, and when friends come into town they would say, wow this is a nice clean area!!!! I'm ok with having to do cosmetic changes like carpet and paint if need be. I also don't want to live out in the middle of nowhere. Thanks!

Answers

9
Not to bad mouth other lenders that were recommended, but why didn't they respond to your question? Could it be that they are not familiar with the website? Maybe it's the 70k. Regardless, I am a lender who responds a lot and the 70k doesn't scare me away...LOL
Ok, seriously though, take your gross income(s), multiply times 41%. Subtract monthly debts on credit report. That's what you can buy per month including principle/interest/PMI/HOI/HOA.
Now, for every $10,000 you borrow, you're paying $45 a month. Add $120 a month for taxes (just in case you find a 130k house for 70k). The county you live in also affects your property tax payment. Add $8 for every $10,000 for mortgage insurance. Add $50 a month for home owner's insurance. If you buy a condo or town home, add $25 to $175 a month for association dues. Some single family homes have association dues at an annual rate if they have common grounds or swim and tennis. Typical prices are around $100 to $300 a year in that price range. This calculation is what you'll want to afford. It may be higher or lower than you thought but at least this will give you something to work with.
Yes you can. Not only can you find one in that price range but its going to be a nice home at that. I also have some great condos & townhomes to pick from. give me a call and I will get you pre-approved in no time.

If you know of anyone with not so good credit please send them my way. I also have six townhoms available with Private Financing. I can close those in five days.

Thank You
Helmut Oscar Saroza Atlanta International Realty, LLC 770-383-2318
Your correct John, north atlanta does have some of the nicer areas that Metro Atlanta has to offer. Now if I read into this sentence correctly "From researching it seems North Atlanta are the nice areas but I'm not sure I can afford a house for 70k?", I think you're saying you don't know if you will be able to afford the payment on a 70k home? Well I have a client now that has been approved for an 80k mortgage that has payments of $550 a month with taxes + insurance already included. I'm actually going to show this person two homes in Marietta(a north Atlanta area) in about an hour. I can put you in contact with the same Mortgage Consultant, and we can see how low we can get your payments to be because you may be able to afford more than you thought. Give me a call 404-992-2679 or go to my website http://www.rhines.listingbook.com and there you will be able to search North Atlanta in your free time and see what I'm talking about.
P.S. Is this your first time buying a house? I ask because there are a lot of Down Payment Assistance programs available for first time home buyers that you may qualify for.
Jon, With your good Credit Score you are already in better position. North Atlanta is still pretty wide area, including North-West to North-East. Considering Atlanta traffic you probably want to narrow down your target area. You can find very good deals in Lawrenceville area or say in Gwinnett County. Based on your Job/commute you should identify the narrower area to search for your home, given that you sure may find the house in price range you are looking for.
If you like, I can setup an automated search for you to keep you updated about the properties based on your criteria.

Thanks, and good Luck.

Navin Tyagi
jon, you may be interested in purchasing a hud home, please view the hud website http://www.hudhomestore.com

it 100 down payment, please look in the Snellville, Lawerenceville, Some parts of the Sandy Spring area, you never know what may come up. Please if you need assist with getting qualify, please call Iris at Dimension Mortgage 4047688882 or Gordon at Wells Fargo 4047025681 they have really good loan programs.

call if you looking for agent 4049146977
Jon,
Picket Report http://www.picketreport.com/ will help you with the statistics on the areas that you are interested in... great resource!
There are ton of matches in Cobb and Cherokee counties just to name two areas North of Atlanta that may be options.
If school districts are important be sure to use http://www.greatschools.org/georgia/atlanta/
Buying a foreclosure would help you buy equity. We are the largest REO broker in the State if we can help in any way just give us a SHOUT.
Best of luck in the searches...
Jude Rasmus
Absolutely! There are actually hundreds of homes in the Atlanta area that are available. You can review many of them on my website. Let me know when you would like to schedule a showing. If you are interested in North Atlanta, I can send you a list of gorgeous homes in your price range.
Jon, i specifically know of some homes that matches your crieria.
so the answer to your question is YES you may find a decent home for that price range, but you may indeed
need to do some cosmetic changes. Lawrenceville and Snellville are somme good areas in North Atlanta
that you may want to search in.

LaQuita Baez
REALTOR®
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
5775-D Glenridge Drive Atlanta, GA 30328 (Perimeter Corporate Office)
Office : 770-901-0956
Cell : 973-687-7095
Fax : 678-542-3790
Email : findurhome@laquitabaez.com
Search for a Home : http://www.LaQuitaBaez.com

Dream Homes ARE Within Reach!!!
Web Reference: http://www.LAQUITABAEZ.com
You absolutely can. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience. I work this area.