Home Buying in Wildwood>Question Details

Waterfront, Home Buyer in 29576

Cost to complete the interior of a NEW construction 3000 sq ft home i n NJ ?

Asked by Waterfront, 29576 Tue Dec 20, 2011

We are looking to purchase a NEW construction home that is COMPLETED on the outside, hardy plank siding, anderson windows, metal room, garage doors, balconies etc... and has only studs on the interior, has rough in plumbing, stairway, is a 6 bedroom, 4 bath home in NJ, what would the estimated cost be to complete ? We realize cost would be based on our taste, just an average interior cost, not the top of the line ? Thanks so much.

Answers

3
I agree with Augie. You must meet with at least 3 general contractors familiar with the area to get a good feeling of what is involved. I will assume from your inquiry that you are not going to act as GC. Prices will vary greatly based on your preferences and commodity prices at the time of the completion. I would also be more than happy to refer you to contractors in our area that could help give you the answer you are looking for.
Do you think you could ANYONE to give you an estimate without seeing the house?
And would that estimate be meaningful?
Would this be the West Wildwood single family?

The best thing to do is to get estimates from a few contractors and compare the specs against each other.

There are too many variables. You need to know if the Codes have changed since the last work that has been and if so, will things need to be removed and an engineer to get involved.

If need a few names of contractors , give me a call.