Home Buying in Ocala>Question Details

Thanks In Ad…, Other/Just Looking in Boca Raton, FL

Cost of homeowner's insurance?

Asked by Thanks In Advance!, Boca Raton, FL Mon Feb 4, 2013

What is a rough estimate of cost of insurance in central Florida on a wood frame house (small, two-bedroom, around 900-1100 square feet) built in the late 1980s or early 1990s? (I know there are many factors--so just a typical cost, or some idea of what the difference in cost would be between two homes when the only difference between them is frame versus block.) Thanks!

Answers

3
Thank you both for the helpful info.

I was trying to see if someone in the Ocala forum could ballpark this for me, as this type of home is common there. Sorry if I posted this to California by mistake somehow?

Anyway, thanks again!
Unless a CA realtor has specific knowledge about the Florida homeowners insurance market, I'd suggest your best move is to email or phone a few agents in the areas where you are considering buying. I understand that Florida has a very difficult insurance market, with some properties being
more exposed to Flood, Hurricane, Sink Holes etc., so before you jump into a deal, you really want
to discover all you can about the location, the specific property, and the insurance availability. Cost
may be much lower, or much higher than the estimate noted below depending on what you choose
to insure, or what the lender requires you to buy. Flood insurance can be very expensive by itself.

Include independent agents in your search.
Likely $60 to $100 per month; this can vary with Companies do to variations in their coverage and any deductible:
Now, why don't you call some Insurance Companies, (I would bet that there are none listening here,)
You can start with the Company that you have your Auto Insurance with.