Manuel A. Se…, Home Buyer in Clearwater Beach, FL

Cost of home inspection?

Asked by Manuel A. Seneriz, Clearwater Beach, FL Sun Aug 21, 2011

Answers

9
Evangeline Pappas’ answer
Home inspections run between $300 and $500.

Vangie Pappas
Pappas Realty & Management Co.
241 Windward
Clearwater Beach, Fl 33767
pappasguru@hotmail.com
727-447-6852
Probably about the same in Florida;

A General Home Inspection costs about $350 for about 1700 sqft.
If there is a Pool, Outbuildings, more square feet, then it goes up.

They generally will not include PEST or ROOF in that, as those are separate inspections and require climbing UNDER and in the ATTIC: They are pretty specialized.

This would tell you, that you want to have all three done.

Out here, the Roof Inspection is generally free, so that they can get a small job of repairing and doing a 2-5 year CERT.
The Pest is only about $60, in anticipation of getting any pest work that is needed.

I hope that helps.
It will usually cost between $250 and $500.
Take a look at the following article "10 things home inspectors won't say"
http://realestate.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=24197463
I hope it will be helpful.
David Zusman
727-800-3000
zusmanrealtor@gmail.com
Century 21 Coast to Coast
Anywhere from $300 and up, depending on the size of the property.

Vangie Pappas
Pappas Realty & Management Co.
727-501-3268
It very often depends on size of home or condo, but usually starts at $250.

Anna Dementov - Great Homes Realty - cell:727.222.6997 - email: annadementov@gmail.com - web: http://ClearwaterEstate.com
Manuel,

As you can see from the previous answers the costs of home inspections vary. I work primarily in Pinellas county. Inspectors will generally ask for the age and heated square footage of the house to base their price on. A house under 2000 heated sq.ft. will probablly run between $275 and $500. Inspectors that we have used check the roof also. If there are issues they may reccomend you get repair estimates from a roofer or have a roofer do a further ispection. Pool inspections are usually an add on cost to the base price. Insurance companies are now requiring roof certifications on all policies. Some inspectors are qualified to do both a roof certification and wind mitigation check on your home. If it is done along with the home inspection they generally charge $55-85. If it is done outside the inspection it costs more. Some insurance companies have inspectors that can do them both at a reasonable price also.

Termite/WDO (wood destroying organisms) are a separate inspection which usually run between $55-85 also.

Inspections are well worth it. It's not a guarantee that nothing will happen down the road, but is a good insight into the condition of probably your biggest purchase. I adivise buyers to go, when ever possible, since the inspector will go over his report with you on site and also point out good home maintenance tips....especially if this is your first home.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
My prices include 4 point and wind check it out at http://www.pinellashomeinspectors.com
Flag Sun Dec 1, 2013
In the Tampa area, you might be able to get a good home inspection on a 1500 sq ft home for $250.00 but after you add in the Wood Destroying Organism inspection and wind mitigation you will be around $350 to $450. Some inspectors do a package deal so you may be able to save some money. Either way, this is money well spent.
Disagree - most of my clients very thorough home inspections run anywhere from $300-$500 depending on what's include, wind mit, pool, size of home, etc.

Liane Jamason, REALTOR
727-498-9120
Depends on the type of inspection:

FHA - 150 - 200.
Regular Home Inspection depends on size of house - 150 - 300 (Includes roof - does not include pools). Usually paid at the day of inspection. FHA inspection does not replace a home inspection.
WDO or pest inspection runs between 60 - 75. Sometimes it can be paid at closing.