Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

Angie Lowry, Home Buyer in Hideaway, TX

Cooper Leaf mountain development

Asked by Angie Lowry, Hideaway, TX Tue Jul 2, 2013

Moving here with airline industry. Love the proximity to airport and the food and shopping choices on baseline. All the blogs state that this is GANG town. Most dating back to 2007-2010. I looked at crime reports and drove neighborhood but witnessed people walking pets, joggers and people living carefree during the day. Shop frequently at the target/frays and have never been scared. Am I missing something before I purchase a commuted home in copper leaf?

Answers

9
Here is aTrullia link that might help you out.
Check with the Phoenix Police Department to get the best answers regarding crime in the area. They will give you statistics and help you decide if Copper Leaf is a problem area compared to other neighborhoods in Phoenix.
Angie,

We are unable to steer you to a particular location but we can point you in the right direction to do your own research. Please go to our web site to do some research on crimes, schools, etc.

http://positionrealty.com/neighborhoods/

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance with your real estate need.

Sean Heideman, Broker
Position Realty
Office: 480-213-5251
Fax: 866-232-2256
Web: http://www.PositionRealty.com
As stated below, we as Realtors can not steer you to specific area's or comment because what one person would consider issues someone else may deem as perfectly acceptable.

I would encourage you to do your homework and visit the area's in the different time of day or night.

I recommend to my clients that are moving from other area's to consider leasing before you purchase even for a month or two. There are a number of extended stay places near the airport and downtown area or even a 6 month or 12 month lease.

This will give you time to review the statistics and determine what area's are best for you.

If you would like me to get you the buyer's advisory and any statistics for specific area's I can assist with that as well as helping you find a rental until you're ready to purchase.

Debbie Nieman
Keller Williams Sonoran Living
602-799-5239

http://www.diverdebirealty.com
diverdebi@cox.net
Hi Angie,

I work in the Central Phoenix area. I am very familiar with neighborhoods there and some just North a quick drive from the airport.

I highly recommend research in area you consider to settle down in.

Feel free to use my mobile app with your search.

Let me know what information I could provide for relocation in the area too..

References available upon request!

Sincerely, Lucinda
602-799-6846
As mentioned by my colleagues, we, as Realtors cannot steer you toward any particular neighborhood and it does sound like you know how to research the areas for your liking. Pretty much only Realtors will be answering your question via Trulia.

If you're looking to find homes under $150,000 within a certain proximity to the airport, my website http://www.MetroPhoenixAgent.com will allow you to create a map search and customize the criteria as much as you want.

Feel free to take a look with that search tool and I'd be glad to assist you further if desired.

Thanks!

Justin Schlegel
RE/MAX Preferred Choice
623-203-2264
Justin@MetroPhoenixAgent.com
You should consult the local press and the law enforcement web sites for any information regarding neighborhoods.

Generally, public comment can overstate or understate what crime there is in any city. The press reports on public safety. There are rankings that appear once a year. Also note that many police web sites carry maps that show where and how many crimes were committed.
We called the number on the listing and spoke with a realtor. Is this q & a site only avail for realtors to chime in on?

If someone was looking to move to Phoenix and wanted easy commute to airport with a 150,000 budget for a second home that will be used for commuting purposes- what are some newer neighborhoods to look at?
Angie you have done exactly what you needed to and that is to look at the crime reports and actually visit the area yourself. If you are not working with someone I would be happy to meet with you and show you homes in the area. Contact me any time 480-205-7094 or angiesimpsonhomes@gmail.com.