Question Details

Contngt-Fin/Ins - Could someone please provide a definition of the aforementioned acronym?

Asked by "Me", Ohio Wed Sep 24, 2008

Answers

1
Contingent on Financing and Insurance,

In other words there are contingencies built into the contract ini case the Buyer cannot obtain financing or insurance.
I think it is another way of saying "Sale Pending." The owner accepted an offer and is now waiting for all the paperwork to be processed by the buyer. But that doesn't mean the buyer is guaranteed the house. If something happens and it doesn't go through, the house goes back on the market. I just called about another house and was told an offer was accepted, but if it doesn't go through, that she would call me.
Flag Wed Aug 14, 2013
so that means that the home has a buyer that applied for financing and i can't buy the home?
Flag Fri Aug 24, 2012
Its obviously boilerplate for 'in escrow' - I have a cash offer in process that isn't contingent on financing or insurance, but the house still shows in that status.
Flag Wed May 9, 2012