Home Buying in Ocean City>Question Details

Asteroid, Home Buyer in 07307

Construction of house on wetland

Asked by Asteroid, 07307 Tue Jun 30, 2009

Construction of house on wetland

I want to know that is it posssible to construct a house on a wetlend lot? I come to know a wetland lot for sale but I am not sure for construction is possible.Lot size big 3 acer.
Is it possible to find any way to construct house ?

any law/bylaws/exception in rules and regulation that allows construction possible.
Thank you

Answers

3
Exactly where is this property located? You've asked this question in Perth Amboy, Trenton and Brick. See my answer in your Perth Amboy question.
dont be surprised if you also will need to speak with construction office and health office ... The good thing is typically decisions are left to local code enforcement people. (rather than the state) Zoning could allow but health dept not or vice versa. Did seller indicate that it was a buildable lot? Often you will enter into a contract that will give you a period for "due diligence" which is the time you have to check the viability of your plan. If you cant build you should be refunded any deposit monies held in escrow.
The best source of information is the zoning office in Ocean City their phone # is 609-525-9444 .