Home Buying in Annapolis>Question Details

mavc109, Other/Just Looking in Penn Yan, NY

Considering moving to the rural area outside of Annapolis. Can be 30 -45 minutes away from the city. I need a place with 2-5 acres for my horses.

Asked by mavc109, Penn Yan, NY Tue Oct 8, 2013

Is there an area with trails that supports riders? I am a Registered Nurse. Im hoping there would be jobs for me. Just starting my research so any help would be appreciated. Im thinking of properties as much under 200,00 as I can get. Thank Michele

Answers

9
Michelle
In answer to your question, let me first state that I am also a registered nurse, but have been a full time realtor for the past 13 years .South County(Anne Arundel) or Calvert County would be an area that would support horses and riding trails, but I have not pulled any comps yet with areas that support riding trails, nor have I researched listing prices..I worked at Anne Arundel Medical Center and also at Calvert Memorial Hospital back when I was active as an RN so am familiar with both counties.. A lot will depend on what and where you are working to determine your driving distance to your new home. Would be happy to further discuss your options. I can be reached at claudia.edgar@penfedrealty.com or my mobile at 410-533-1178
I live in Calvert County and can't say enough wonderful
Things about Calvert. My broker specializes in horse
Properties. Give me a call. Calvert County is in need of medical professionals,
As we are growing in population as a county.
Finding a place under 200,000 with 2-5 acres will be very difficult in the Annapolis area - even 45 min away. There are a lot of areas that do support riders for under 200K just not with that much land. That being said I am happy to assist you if you can give me additional info as to what your requirements are. Feel free to email me directly at BWakefield@TopKWAgents.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Please give me a call if you are looking for a great lender. 810-335-3503. Or you can send me an email at wallen@proficiomortgage.com and I can send you an inquiry form to get your paperwork started and try to get you pre qualified.

William Allen
Mortgage Banker
You may also wish to consider Calvert County areas such as Dunkirk, Owings, or Sunderland, all generally less than one hour from Annapolis. Also Calvert Memorial Hospital in Prince Frederick is a highly rated medical facility. If Calvert County would interest you, I would be glad to be of assistance.
Gary Jameson
Home Towne Real Estate
Owings, MD
410-286-9631 office
301-938-9156 cell
gjameson@hometowneteam.com
Hi Mav,

Unfortunately you won't find anything rural with acreage in the under $200k price range. In this area a horse property with acreage within 45 minutes of Annapolis would be in the $500k+ range. The average condo around here is pretty close to $200,000. However, as you do your research I'm pretty sure you will find that your income will also be higher here.

Areas to consider that might have properties to accommodate your horses. Davidsonville, Crownsville, Millersville, Riva, Harwood and properties in Calvert County.
In addition to Davidsonville, Hardwood MD and most communities South on HWY-2 is all great horse country.
Hi Michele! I am not exactly sure what the price range is that you are looking for. The first area that comes to mind is Davidsonville - it is known for it's horse farms! There are also farms spread about in Millersville, Annapolis, and of course several areas East of the Bay Bridge! Here is a site that may be of assistance, http://www.mdhorsecouncil.org.

If there is anything at all that The Wakefield Group can help you with, just give me a call!
Robert Wakefield, Keller Williams Flagship
301-919-2897
BWakefield@TopKWAgents.com
Annapolis and it's surrounding areas have a lot of great parks and trails. I have attached a link with some of these. Arundel Medical Center is a great facility right in Annapolis. It is also near Washington D.C. and Baltimore. Finding 2-5 acres with a house in that price range may be a challenge. I am up for a challenge. If you don't currently have an agent, let me know what specifics you have (# bed/baths etc.). and I will be glad to help you find a home.

http://www.welcomeannapolis.com/outdoor-trails

Pete Schaecher
Realty Executives Annapolis
240-682-6608
pt_country@hotmail.com