Home Buying in Mansfield>Question Details

Sue K., Other/Just Looking in Outside U.S.

Considering moving from Mansfield to Medfield, MA...any thoughts?

Asked by Sue K., Outside U.S. Wed Sep 5, 2012

I am originally from out of state. I am thinking of moving from Mansfield, MA to Medfield, MA. The housing prices seem to be about the same. The commute to a train station (that feeds into South Station) would be longer. Does anyone have experience in these two communities? How does one compare to the other?

Answers

5
I cover both of those towns and they each have their pluses. If you commute to Boston by train, Mansfield has the easier commute. Home prices in Medfield are higher. If you have children in the school systems, I would visit the schools in both towns to compare. If you live in Mansfield, my office is in Mansfield and I would be happy to make an appointment and discuss the pros and cons of both towns.
I would drive around the neighborhood(s) you like and talk to people. Interview the principle of the schools you may be using. Visit Town Offices. Check out the beaches - oops, that is for the Cape. Get the loacl paper and read some of the articles and police report. See if you are welcome in their society in Medfield.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
I like Medfield a nice suburb, good schools and a great quality of life.
Medfield is lovely. Quiet suburbia, well ranked schools, pretty neighborhoods. I don't know Mansfield very well so I'm afraid I couldn't compare the two but can give a vote in favor of Medfield.