Jason, Home Buyer in Hayward, CA

Considering buying a house at Stonebrae in Hayward Hills CA.

Asked by Jason, Hayward, CA Sat Dec 10, 2011

Does anyone have opinions about how good the stonebrae elementary is ? Also I would like to know if this is a good long term investment ? I am planning to buy at 3100 sq ft house in the low 700K.

Answers

2
You can get lots of stats on the schools website. husd.us.org . Not only test scores, which are but one statistic reflecting school quality, but lots of other important information about Stonebrae, its physical facilities, teachers, activities, goals student make-up. It is a relatively new school, built in 2006, with an active PTA and many involved parents. Many families in the Stonebrae community, without children in attendance, often attend fundraising events at the school.

It would be an excellent short and long term investment. The stunning TPC golf course, clubhouse and proposed new 30,000 square foot clubhouse, dramatic views, permanent open space and peace and quiet in a safe gated community should satisfy your long term investment goals.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 1, 2012
Overall scores in the Hayward Unified School district are rated 4-5 (great schools.org). This school is rated a 5 and has over 700 students. The best advice I can give you is to talk to parent of kids currently going there to see how they feel. I've added a link below to the community ratings to give you an idea on how parents feel.

Now, as far as the area being a good long term investment.. I can tell you that this area is among one of the nicest in Hayward, it is quiet, the neighborhoods (and neighbors) are very nice, and generally homes up here tend to keep their value over time. Of course, in our current economic climate we are seeing and will continue to see price fluctuations in the market - however, if you're in for the long haul and don't plan to sell in the near future you should be OK. Have you looked at any homes yet? Are you only looking in the Stonebrae area or are you open to other neighboring communities?

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me at (415) 235-7650 and I'm happy to help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 19, 2012