Kim, Home Buyer in 80831

Considering a move from CO to Ormond Beach area...suggestions? Best value? Nicest, cleanest, best location to increase in value?

Asked by Kim, 80831 Mon Jan 28, 2013

We are in our late 40's and are looking to use my husband's VA loan option (we never have after all these years) to purchase a home near Ormond Beach. Can you use a VA loan to purchase a foreclosure? Our biggest concern is to buy right after the huge crash in CO and loosing big we'd like not to repeat that mistake. We'd like to keep the price below $250,000 and may be making the move this summer. Also...how far is the nearest international airport? Orlando? Thanks for your help :)

Answers

19
O. Kheir - Dr. Oceanfront :)’s answer
Hi Kim,

Be sure to check out more than just Ormond Beach, there's Ormond By The Sea, and Flagler Beach Beach nearby. When you get ready to start your search, check out my listing at 104 Avalon Dr., Ormond By The Sea. It is a 6 bedroom 3 bath (3 story custom home) with ocean views from multiple decks. The VA loan option will limit your possibilities, but, check around for conventional financing too.

Our prices have stabilized and we have been increasing modestly while interest rates are so low. It's a great time to buy at The World's Most Famous Beach!

Just wanted to follow up with you, if you have any questions I will be glad to help

Bye for now,

O. Kheir
Broker Associate, SFR ®, CDPE ®, REOS ®, CREN ®, AHWD ®, RSPS ® Cooperative Short Sales Certified
Web Reference: http://DaytonaBroker.com
-
-
As a Florida Mortgage Broker writing to you from a hotel room in CO after that nasty snow storm yesterday that standed me here...I DON'T BLAME YOU! Now if United Airlines can only locate my luggage and send back to FL!

See programs below, then contact me to talk about how to minimize payments and reduce out of pocket costs.

1) 100% LTV- VA / (VA Jumbo @ lower ltv)
2) 100% LTV- USDA/12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too
3) 99% LTV- FHA / (FHA to 580 score @ lower ltv)

4) 97% LTV- No monthly MI-No FHA 1.75% Fee
5) 95% LTV- CONDO
6) 90% LTV- No PMI -2nd Home
7) 90% LTV- JUMBO w/cc
8) 85% LTV- No PMI - Super Jumbo
9) 80% LTV- Invest./Rental
10) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals

--------STATED INCOME ALT up to Super Jumbo-----------
http://www.StatedIncomeALT.com
11) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
12) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
13) 75% CLTV- Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure Forgiveness
14) 70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money
15) LOT/VACANT LAND LOANS
16) COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS-available nationwide

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION-COM or call 888-662-4404

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====
Breakaway Trails or Plantation Bay,, Great areas. I know Ormond Beach very well. And when you use me you get 5 other Realtors to work with. I work in a team,, a team that was awarded #1 Closing Team, #1 Gross Sales, and #1 Sales Team for Exit Realty for the state of Florida. Check out my Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FloridaRealEstateGuide Or Call me at 386-527-5358 or email me at rick@exitmartin.com
Kim,

Great questions! You have Orlando and Jacksonville airports both within an hour and one half of Ormond Beach. I am also in my late 40's and lost my shirt on a few properties when the bottom fell out in 06-07. You will not be in danger of repeating the CO situation. We hit bottom here several months back and have been seeing prices steadily rising. This is a perfect time to buy because prices are still relatively low and our parents have never seen interest rates this low. Win Win for a buyer. Yes you can buy a forclosure with VA financing. Don't waste time contact me at LMREDOC@gmail.com to find you a fantastic home in the Ormond Beach Area. Best, Lonnie Marandino Ormond Beach Realtor.
Hi Kim,
VA loans are easy. I would not limit myself to a foreclosure. There are plenty of Ormond Beach houses that are good priced and good locations without being a foreclosure.
I also cover Palm Coast and, Port Orange, and Flagler Beach areas if you need any professional advice and service.
I can also put you in touch with a really good local mortgage broker if you need it.
Jack Corbett
Coldwell Banker Premier Properties
386-569-1872
My name is Rick Hose and I'm with Exit Martin. I would suggests getting a Great Realtor to walk you through this process. I enjoy working with first time home buyer. I also work with military and special needs families.

Hope to talk soon,
Rick Hose
386-527-5358
rick@exitmartin.com
https://www.facebook.com/ExitRealtyFl http://www.hesellsflorida.com
Hello Kim. Thanks for the additional information. You're right. Flagler Beach would probably be higher than you want to spend and lots are usually pretty small as it is a beach community. I have a very nice home there for sale but it's only 1800 LSF, lot is 5000 SF and it's a 3BR/2BA so probably not suitable. So, you'd have to go a little west to get the type of home that you mentioned. In the Ormond Beach area in the subdivisions that I mentioned in my last message there are 28 4 or more BR homes available, some with pools under $300,000 so, when you're ready to see them let me know and I'll send them along. Of course, Palm Coast is also an area to consider and you can get a lot of house for the money there but the area is not quite as nice as the Ormond area. I belong to both Flagler and Daytona MLS boards so I can send you properties for both areas.So, you'll have lots of options when the time comes. We have plenty of shopping in the area so no need to go to Orlando and most of the areas here are not in flood zones. Getting pre-qualified is a good idea as some properties (Short Sales & Foreclosures) require that to make any offers.Regards, Dick Picard, Exit Beach Realty, Ormond Beach (386) 295-8187.
Thank you all for your responses, I will start digging in and doing some additional due diligence on this end based on your feed back. Just a little more info. and answers FYI....

We do have family in Jacksonville and Flagler Beach. I drove through a couple of months ago ( just on the main highway) and thought it was a lovely area, when I did a little research on housing prices we decided to dig a little further.

We would likely make a move this August with a fact finding trip to be scheduled in April or May.

We will be moving with our 14 year old daughter (home schooled but needs fun things to do...kids her own age to meet etc.) our 24 year old daughter (will be interested in continuing her education and is currently in banking so job opportunities are of concern) and her 4 year old daughter (good school district, nice family environment). A 4 bedroom with office or library in a neighborhood that is nicely spread out (we are used to being on acreage) would be wonderful. Near beach...but my research so far is showing me nicer areas west of the beach? Or water, pool (we would need to educate ourselves on what constitutes a good quality - low maintenance pool as they are a rarity in CO). The covered back porch idea looks interesting. Hot weather will be a big change for us anything to make it easier to adapt would be great :)

Is all major shopping in Orlando or closer?

Some areas are in flood zones...is that correct? I am not thinking those would be of interest.

We would likely get pre-qualified then start getting serious about the search then looking in person. My Mom is in Flagler & may be able to look on our behalf as well.

Thank you all so much for your help!
Great to hear you will be moving to Florida as once I moved here I stayed here and have lived in 5 different counties and now in Volusia County where Ormond is located.
May I ask why you chose Ormond? Do you have friends/family or have you visited in the past?
Ormond also has Ormond by the Sea are you familiar with it as it is just to the north?
You can buy quite a bit for 250 in FL right now because we had the bubble here as well.
The summer is slower most times than the winter here. If you plan to live by the airport it is not always recommended as health can be affected and soot can accumulate in your home dust and on cars from the airplane fuel.
Why don't you converse with me unti you get here and if you like my personaiity and information on the area I can assist you if not that is ok as I am not a pushy person and my sucess rating is high and I'd like to keep it that way.
"Monka"
My e-mail address is relocateisapieceofcake@gmail.com
(relocate is a piece of cake)
Hello Kim. Coincidental to receive your note as I have friends whose home I sold and they moved to CO. So, I guess some like it hot and others don't. There are several very nice subdivisions in Ormond Beach that offer homes to fit your budget. Among them are Halifax Plantation (where I live), Plantation Bay, Ormond Lakes, Breakaway Trails, Hunters Ridge and Chelsea Place. You may want to Google these to get an idea of what they are like. Ormond Beach is pretty much in the middle between Orlando and Jacksonville airports. Jacksonville is easier to get to but may not have as good a flight selection. Bank-Owned properties can be purchased using a VA loan but may be a little more difficult as VA wants to move some of the normal Buyer closing costs on to the Seller. Some banks don't like that but I have been successful in getting it done in the past. I'd be happy to send you properties in the subdivisions mentioned previously if you'll just send an email to rppicard@msn.com or, if you prefer, call 386-295-8187. Thanks for the inquiry. Dick Picard, Realtor/GRI/SFR/CDPE, EXIT Beach Realty, Ormond Beach, FL.
Hi Kim, there are beautiful areas in Ormond Beach! Are you. Using your benefits thru USAA. I would love to show you my choice of homes. Thank you, Tina Schlegel Coldwell Banker Premier Properties 386-295-4246 or email Tinaschlegel@yahoo.com
Lots of nice Areas in Ormond Beach for that price range. The nearest airport is orlando at an hour and twenty minutes. Jacksonville airport is an hour an one half. Make the move now and you will take advantage of low prices. If you wait beyond this summer you will certainly pay a higher price. Best, Lonnie Marandino.
Great question Kim,

I will follow up with a lender that we use/recommend to get a definite answer and get back with you later today. As far as the airport in Orlando, its about an hour and a half from Ormond Beach. There is also Sanford and of course Daytona. Finally when you talk about loosing big due to the crash, I like to think about it this way. Everything els is down as well as your/mine home and sense you are considering buying, that home is down as well. So its not really a loss as long as you buy and buy the right property. I will say that there are several very nice properties in Ormond Beach that are within the 250K range and we will be happy to help you through the process in finding the right one for you.

Thanks for the great question and I will have that answer for you later today

Neal Krajewski

neal@ ormondbeachrealtors.com
(478)955-2386

http://www.ormondbeachrealtors.com
Dear Kim,

Thank you for sharing your interest in moving to our beautiful Ormond Beach area. Whether using your VA loan to purchase a bank owned foreclosure or a non distressed property we will focus on the 3 keys including finding the property and location that works best for you with the appealing features and upgrades you are looking for, in the best possible condition, at the best possible price. Yes, Orlando International Airport is about one hour away and we also have our local Daytona International Airport. As a local 4th generation native, resident, and Realtor I would be glad to share all of the good things the Ormond Beach area has to offer. Please feel free to contact me when the time is right @ 386-795-6050 or http://www.OrmondBeachside.com.

Mike
Good evening Kim,

I can assist you with locating the "Best value" in the Ormond Beach area! Are you and your husband
looking to live by the beach?On the River?On the Golf Course? Or would your prefer to have acreage and Horse's?

You can use your husbands VA status to acquire a home.

The Orlando International Airport is approx. 80miles away, or 1 hour 30 min. ride.

Feel free to email me at keithcarnevale@adamscameron.com,
or visit my website http://www.keithcarnevale.adamscameron.com
Hi Kim, Some of the nicest areas in Ormond Beach are near the beach. The beachside area offers a great atmosphere, especially up the coast highway, about four mile north of Ormond Beach, absolutely beautiful. You can use a VA loan to purchase a foreclosure when working with a lender who will give a pre qualification letter to accompany the offer. Daytona Beach International is actually the closest small airport, while Sanford/Orlando woud be the next, and OIA, the huge Orlando airport would be the one for the most flights out. Hope this brief information helps. Please call/text me at 386 675 2044. I am a broker/asso and have been selling locally for over 20 years.
Thanks. Joe Palmer
Kim,

Congrats on your decision to relocate to Ormond. It is a great community. The condition of the foreclosure will determine if your VA loan can be used. Having said that, there are many beautiful homes in the $250,000 and below range. I can always forward some listings that might appeal to you.
Orlando and Jacksonville International airports are both within a reasonable distance.

Let me know how I can further help you!

Janet Dannehower
386-451-7070
janetdannehower@adamscameron.com
We have our own International Airport right here in Daytona Beach!
We moved to the area 4 years ago from CA and we really like it. Call me and I'll tell you all abuot Ormond Beach. Great town.
Jocelyn
386 681-7317