Home Buying in Rossmoor>Question Details

John, Real Estate Pro in Bedford, MA

Considering Rossmoor but I am wondering how the younger (55) ages are received by the community given the

Asked by John, Bedford, MA Wed Jun 18, 2008

average age of low to mid 70's. A recent commentary in the rossmoor paper eluded to some friction on this subject.

Answers

4
Barb (first answer) had it right. Broad conclusion about reactions from a community of nearly 10,000 are probably useless. My contacts (and customers) in Rossmoor are delighted with the place. I just sold a 3-BR for a lady who downsized to a 2-BR after she lost her spouse because she wouldn't go elsewhere.

Your reception depends at least as much on you as on others.
Hi Mm, I am an agent who lives and works in Rossmoor. I am in my late 40's, and we moved to Rossmoor last year just after my husband reached the minimum age requirement. We love it! We enjoy the scenery and variety of amenities. Most of all, we like that we can enjoy the surroundings and don't have to do the upkeep.

As an Agent, the majority of my recent transactions involved persons under 60, so that tells you that more and more baby boomers are moving in.

If you'd like more information, please feel free to contact me.

Meridith Zomalt
Prudential California Realty
(925) 899-3550
Mm, it's not exactly the "Crypts' and the "Bloods", if you get my point. More that some residents have nothing but time, and use it to "Stir" the pot. Why not Walnut Creek, or surrounding area, if you are more "outgoing" than most seniors? Best of Luck! The Coach
Web Reference: http://askPCR.com
I had some friends from my tennis team move there a few years back, and they found a combination of things, much like you'd find in any community. In their experience, your immediate neighbors are likely to be very nice and friendly. There are the usual gripes, though, among the elders, about the younger folks driving too fast, being in too big of a hurry, and trying to change things. There is a concern among the elders that programs, classes, and events are geared to the youngers and are being directed away from them. It is all typical, and things you would find in any neighborhood, or any health club, or any senior's community center. My friends said that the friction is more with "the management" than with you as a new neighbor.
If you are nice, polite, friendly, you will blend in and make friends and not experience negative reactions. I have sold a few homes there too, and those neighbors were very nice to me, they watched out for each other, came by to chat, and some had been there a long time, and others had been there shorter. As with any home, I always recommend that when you have gotten serious about a particular condo or townhome or home, you talk to the neighbors. The things you find out! And then you'll get a feel for how you will be received.