Home Buying in Selden>Question Details

Dm891968, Home Buyer in Centereach, NY

Conflict of intrest

Asked by Dm891968, Centereach, NY Fri Aug 3, 2012

At a Realtor I have been dealing with an agent who rep the house and stinks.I have not signed any thing with him, I called the main they offered to give me anthor agent due to the fact I am not happy will there be a conflct of interest down the road

Answers

5
If you have no signed agreement, you are free and have the right to work with any agent you like...
Do you have a question? Are you even looking for advice?
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
Based on how I read what's going on, the broker will probably assign another agent to represent you based on the concept of dual agency for this property. Theoretically the new agent will represent you and your interests while the listing agent will represent the seller's intterests. It is a fairly common ocurrence, but if you are not comfortable you can always get your own buyer's agent. If you make sure the buyer's agent will take whatever is offered by the seller to buyer's agents as their full commission, it won't cost you anything.
There may be a problem; but it won't be YOUR problem!
It will be an internal thing, resolved by their Broker.
You can just concentrate on getting your house,
leave the politics to them.

Good luck and may God bless
Working with an agent who is not great, hard to get and even did not show up for an appt. So the office manager has offered to help us, the house I like is in this office. I have not signed any thing with he agent, and should be free to work with who ever. So if I do except the managers offer will there b any ties or proublms later