Home Buying in South Beach>Question Details

Mscitygirl, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Condos in 170 King St (Unit 702 or Unit 822) sold for $3,500 or $3,000? Is this for real?

Asked by Mscitygirl, San Francisco, CA Wed Aug 26, 2009

I saw a couple of condos in 170 King St (Unit 702 or Unit 822) sold for $3,500 or $3,000? Is this for real? If so, how can I get in on it?

Answers

6
170 King is a relatively new development that sold out this past year. It went for more than $600/square foot. I can see why the information caught your eye, but there's no way these numbers are accurate. I'd be curious to learn where you got the data.

Good luck to you!

Jason Chapin
415-420-1143
jchapin@mcguire.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 27, 2009
Assume those were rentals
Is this a double post?

Gregory Garver - Commercial Real Estate Broker
Broker License# 01716531
(415)225-9894
gregory.garver@gmail.com
http://www.gregorygarver.com
Hello All,

Thank you for all your response. I was at Zillow.com and Redfin.com and did a search of recently sold home around that area and this unit shows up saying it is sold for a mere $3,000 on August 4th, 2009. The source listed was public records. see link below. What's going on with this? Insight anyone? Thanks!!

http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/170-King-St-94107/uni…

No, it is not "for real"! Neither of the unit numbers you mention in your question were sold nor were they taken back by the bank. Nor do either of these properties have notices of defaults filed.

Sometimes when a property is foreclosed on, the amount that is owed will show as the price the home sold for and that is confusing for someone that isn't a real estate professional or someone that doesn't know how it investigate the layers of information to get to the facts. This isn't the case with either of these units.

170 Off Third is the development and they just went into escrow with the last unit the developer had to offer a few days ago. There are also some resales there, but certainly the amounts of money you mention won't even take care of closing costs on a transaction.

Real estate has many layers and can be confusing especially in this unpredictable time. Good luck in your search and if you have any questions, please feel free to call or email me at anytime.

Best always,
Lorraine Meier
DRE#01439005
Zephyr Real Estate
318 Brannan St
S.F. CA 94107
cityrealtorsf@gmail.com
415.596.9362
Mscitygirl,

Your numbers are obviously incorrect. I too, would like to know where you got those numbers! You can go to the Assessor's Office to check out the correct prices. Or ask your realtor to get them for you.

This was new construction and most of the sales are NOT listed in the MLS so research will need to be done.

Cheers,

Sally