Home Buying in Dunedin>Question Details

Missy, Home Buyer in Dunedin, FL

Condo sinkholes?

Asked by Missy, Dunedin, FL Wed Jul 13, 2011

Have sink holes been present at condo's in Dunedin, Fl?

There are condo's sprinkled throughout Dunedin and Palm Harbor and Clearwater and Largo.
in Dunedin some condos have exhibited 'settelling' issues and others have had sink hole remediation. This, however, is not unique to Dunedin or Palm Harbor.

If you are looking to make a purchase, be aware, sellers are required to disclose to the buyer any findings regarding structural issues of which they are aware. Your real estate professional will be a good resource for additional information.
Good Afternoon Missy,

I was a civil engineer in the Tampa Bay area for over 20 years prior to becoming a realtor. In all of those years I don't recall a sinkhole issue. Most are further north in Spring Hill but do believe Tarpon has had some settlement issues which is not far north. I just sold a house just north of Curlew and it was not an issue. Having said that the City of Dunedin Engineering department would be a great place to inquire and I would be glad to help with that if you had a particular location in Dunedin you were interested. I am actually friends with the Mayor and know several people and the city and would be glad to help. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Have a great day and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Doug Bevis
Advanta Realty
Top Producer
2011 Million Dollar Club
Cell Number: 813-310-4454
Fax Number:800-291-6123
I've been in the business since 1984 and I think there have maybe been only a couple of instances where settling has happened w/condos...mainly off Virginia St. area, nothing else I recall.
Hi Missy,

The best way to research this answer is to contact the City of Dunedin directly. They are fabulous and keep a detailed list/map of properties within Dunedin that have been effected by sinkholes in the past. I have found them to be an extremely valuable resource!
If you're interested in specific properties in Dunedin I'd be happy to help find the answers you're looking for.

Warm Regards,

Linda Mann, Realtor
RE/MAX All Star
727-422-0069, Mobile
lindamann1@live.com, email