Home Buying in Wilbraham>Question Details

Ann, Home Seller in Easthampton, MA

Condo fee history and Utility costs would be very helpful to know!

Asked by Ann, Easthampton, MA Tue Jul 17, 2012

Before considering Woodcrest in Wilbraham, I wonder how often the condo fees go up? And also what it costs in electricity and heating bills per month?

Answers

4
Christine Moran Realtor/Notary’s answer
You pay a decent amount but don't really get much because there is no pool or anything. It is definately something to consider when looking at condos. You can always ask about the utility bills for a specific unit.
You should ask the owner for a history of condo fee increases. Alternately, you could call the management company, who would have that information. Like any other commodity, fees increase with the increase in the expenses required to maintain any property. The fees at Woodcrest include water and sewer.
Woodcrest is an older complex in Wilbraham, but very nice with many updated units. The units are different sizes, some are townhouses, some are garden style, and a couple are like attached ranches. It would be easy enough to get specifics with the information on what unit(s) you are looking at. I am not sure how often condo fees go up. I think they would go up as operating expenses go up, just like everything else. I have been told that the goal of the Board over there is to be able to put money aside from the monthly condo fees to be able to do capital repairs without having to do special assessments (these can be expensive). They recently did roofs and decks, within the last 5 years. I hope this helps.
If you post the exact address I may be able to get an idea of the utility costs and electricity bills.

http://territory.com/