Home Buying in Laguna Niguel>Question Details

Don Pitts, Home Buyer in Champaign, IL

Condo association rules on pets.

Asked by Don Pitts, Champaign, IL Mon Jan 23, 2012

I think condo associate rules vary on pets. Can anyone tell me what is common in the Laguna Niguel area?

Answers

9
C G Caroline Gerardo Barbeau’s answer
Many others answered this well, but adding a little more. Some condo complexes with units built over other units that allow smaller dogs, some have no restrictions. Rare is it to have a restriction on cats, fish, and aquarium pets. Think of it this way, someone underneath a large noisy dog on tile or hardwood floor will hear the dog running. Laguna Niguel has leash license law of six feet, you can be cited for pet waste, and a noisy barking dog. There are a number of dog parks, many open trails, and dogs are generally welcome in out-door restaurant areas. In general a very open and welcome City for dog owners.
The right answer is all association rules vary and are different. As stated by my colleagues before, it's very common to allow dogs and cats, among other non-exotic small pets, in most complexes. You may also see general rules regarding noise and keeping the common and visible areas clean and kept up, that may ultimately apply to owning pets as well. Some associations will have restrictions on the size of pet or even the type of dog allowed.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 25, 2012
Hi Don,

I live in Laguna Niguel and the different complexes do vary on the rules for pets. I have attached a link in Laguna Niguel with some specifics for the different condo complexes in Laguna Niguel. Although not all HOA information is here this may help you narrow down your search in the area to live. I hope this helps.
http://www.neighborhoodlink.com/places/.../Laguna_Niguel_CA

Debbie Brown
Broker
Orange County Real Estate Group
Office: 888-863-7480
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 23, 2012
The link does not work for me.
Flag Wed Mar 21, 2012
Hi Don,

You already heard two correct answers, I will add my 2 cents worth as well and try and answer your question.

Most condo HOAs will allow pets but will not want large dogs, some might go as far as not allowing certain more aggressive breeds. I believe I remember hearing one had a weight limit of 35 pounds (don't hold me to that). Many of the communities in the area have web sites so try to search online and see what you can find. As mentioned each vary and I would need more specifics to see what I can learn for you.

Good luck with you search,

Brian Wilson, Realtor
949-933-0852
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 23, 2012
Don
Hi are you still considering a relocation to Laguna Niguel?
Since there is so much variance in pet rules from Association
to Association did you know that in CA your purchase is contingent
on reviewing and approving the rules prior to making a final purchase commitment?
How many pets do you have and what are they?

Please call me if you are still interested in relocation to this great place.
I know Illinois is nice too in grew up in Springfield and attended Uof I !
I wouldnt move back. I live in Laguna Niguel with my 2 dogs and 13 fish.
Call me.
Odile 949-351-3555
Most allow dogs and cats but there are limits and often exotic pets are not allowed. If you can provide me with the condo developments that you are interested in, then I can give you specifics. I noticed you are from IL, are you planning on relocating to the area soon? If you could let me know your timeframe for relocating and specifics about what you are looking for (i.e. price, minimum # of bedrooms, etc) I'll send you what is currently available that meets your needs. You can email me at: cfleming@coldwellbanker.com.
Hello Don;
HOAs rules are different in any city. Most of which allow pets. Let me know which one of the condo complex you are interested in and I can find out for that specific one and let you know. Just give me the property address and I find the rest of info.
Best of Luck
Shadi Kian
Broker
DeltaMax Mortgage/Realty
Hello Don,

I agree with Alex that each condo associate sets its own rules. I live in Laguna Niguel great area, please let me know which condo complex and I will get the ruling on pets for you. Are you moving out from Champaign soon? I will be glad to send some more information on whats available, just let me know your needs.

Dave Dyssegard
Hello Don,

You are right all HOA's have different rules. However based on my experience you're allowed to have a pet(s), within reason. You'd would have to check the specific HOA's rules to verify. Why specific tract in Laguna Niguel are looking at?

Alex Vargas
Weichert Realtors-Gold Coast
(714) 269-8775 Cell
http://www.alexsellssocal.com