Home Buying in Holmes Beach>Question Details

Rhys, Home Buyer in Florham Park, NJ

Condo Association details?

Asked by Rhys, Florham Park, NJ Tue Mar 10, 2009

I'm interested in finding a condo on Anna Maria Island. Is there any central source of information on association documents, regulations, deed restrictions, and fees, such as from the county? Any easy way to compare what fees include or don't include?

Answers

4
By the way, I've resided in NJ too and currently am about 45 minutes from you. Planning on going back to the island but not to a condo, only a home within the next year. I have a buyer for my home in NJ as soon as Im ready to leave in 6 to 12 months.
Not sure about a central source, you might go right to Manatee County records and check or call and ask. I owned a few units in Runaway Bay and the boards took over, literally. I watched threatening of board members by the owners too. I finally got out. Not sure how it is today but I found it unpleasant the way things were handled. Try talking to your future neighbors, unless wherever you're looking is mostly rentals. Good luck!
MLS listings normally include what association fees include and restrictions depend on local rulings. An example would be R-1 zoning; Holmes Beach, Fl. has a ruling that a property must be zoned R-2 to rent for weekly rentals. R-1 zoning requires 1 month.

Work on Anna Maria Island and Sell & List properties and willing to assist you in finding what may be of interest
Rhys,

Congratulations on deciding on Anna Maria........it's a beautiful location!

The HOA information that most buyers are interested in initially is the HOA fee structure and what the annual cost means to them. This information is normally included on the MLS information.

We would be happy to forward you information about some of the options that exist in the area and support your interests in Anna Maria Island.

Susan & Bill Eckler
Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363