Home Buying in Cary>Question Details

Mike, Home Buyer in Cary, NC

Comparing Weldon Ridge with neighboring community

Asked by Mike, Cary, NC Wed Mar 2, 2011

We would like to say below 300K.

- What are the new home options in the West Cary area?
- How does Weldon Ridge community compare with ones around like Evans Farms, Greystone Gables, etc? Value for money, amenities, etc
- How does Weldon Ridge compare with KBHomes Twin Lakes in terms of value?

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Cary

Answers

13
Bo, No I do not have a buyer's agent. One reason I am the forum is to meet some buyer agents online. It helps me get answers while also finding out who is knowledgeable about this area.

Thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 2, 2011
Hi Mike,
Saw your post that you are looking online for a Buyer's agent. Please feel free to give me a call. 919-522-8846. I think it's difficult to answer the question you posted online. I live in Cary and know the area inside out.

Judy
Web Reference: http://www.judyedwards.biz
Good morning Mike,
I live and work in the North West corner of Cary which is growing with beautiful homes and amenities. The schools are amoung the top scoring schools in the Wake County.
As for the different builders you mention, each bring something different to the table.
KB Homes are finished up with new homes in Amberly the area you are looking for now, but are still building in Twin Lakes and will soon be building a new community off Davis Drive near McCrimmon Drive. KB give clients a basic home and lets them pick all upgrades for most of the communities they have done that I have worked with.
Greystone is a community by MI Homes and Evans Farm is also by MI. I live in Greystone and love the commuity and amenities of pool and club house. My daughter married last year and we used the club house for a party that was wonderful and beautiful.
Weldon Ridge is by Orleans Builders another good builder in the area, they also have a pool and club house.
Each builder and community has it's own flavor of style and lot size which maybe very important to you as a home owner.
Let a professional Real Estate Agent help you sort out what is most important to you in a home and see the value of each community. Good luck in your home seach and welcome to North West Cary NC.
Web Reference: http://www.KowitzRealty.com
Mike-
It sounds like you need the advice of a buyer's agent; to really sit down at the computer together, disucss your needs and then tour some communities and talk about the differences in construction. Crawl space vs. slab, custom vs. track built, etc. You will also be able to talk about the difference in neighborhoods and features that are offered in the communities themselves and how they match up with your specific criteria. Remember, "location, location, location" is based on the things that are hard to change about a home...the community, the neighborhood and the lot itself. After that, there are many options to change homes and make them more desireable. However, if you can find the 3 L's and a great floorplan that fits your needs as well as your budget...then, my friend, you have a WINNER! It's time to write an offer. Now, the offer and negotiations are a whole new strategy which is why it is SO important to hire an agent that is good at what they do and has your best interest in mind. Given all of that, I'd love to hear back from you with further questions. If I don't, best of luck to you!
Mike,

Tucker Beck here with Orleans Homebuilders. I have worked on-site in Weldon ridge off and on since 2006.

Currently, The Arbor at Weldon ridge has no inventory, but a couple of planned homes (working on permits) that may meet your pricing criteria. This section is just about sold out.

We do also have some basement town homes (The Grove at Weldon Ridge) where we can provide a very adequate square footage, and stay under or around the 300k price, depending on selections and floor plans...

We do use The Grove at Weldon Ridge as our office, feel free to stop in.

Tucker
Mike,

You have many builders to choose from in the $300,000 range in the West Cary area and I would be happy to help you find your dream home. I can show you comps and features for each development but you should really visit the devopments to get a better idea of the quality of the contruction and what is included for you desired price. We can set up a buyers plan at my office and set up a day to visit all of the developments. Please call or email me with any questions that you have.
Web Reference: http://www.KCMcLaughlin.com
Where is your buyers agent who can assist you with all these decisions? Recommend to publish an excel spread sheet for comparisons include ISD, and crime stat's

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Good morning Mike, great questions. I just did a quick trend analysis on Weldon Ridge. 16 detached homes have sold in the last 12 months between 92-100% of List Price. Compared to Twin Lakes that had 30 sales also between 92-100$ of List Price. And Greystone had 48 sales with average days on market of 72 and avg sale price of $383K. Evans Farms is not doing well at all.
With the many homes and options in the market today the best thing to do is hire a great Buyers Agent, like myself, to do all the research and find you the home that meets most if not all of your needs.
Visit my website to set up your personal home search.
If I can answer any more questions just give me a call or shoot an email.
Take Care.
yes, I see that original question now..not sure why it didn't pop up before. I have answered that there.

http://www.ncrec.state.nc.us/pdf/brochures/WorkingwAgents.pdf

As I said there, and as Sheri has said - you need to review this link first. You can contact her, me, any other answerer to get these questions. Signing the brochure for any of us individually does NOT obligate you to us individually.

The LAW requires us, as agents, to give you the brochure, to review it with you, to both sign (and give you our license #) at our "first significant contact". Answering specific questions for you meets that definition.

I think our opinions on what advice we can give you varies a little bit - maybe I need to read up on lawsuits first! - but the fact is, there is a point where we can give you advice without the WWA brochure ("I don't have a Buyer's Agent, but what do they do?"), there's a point after the WWA ("I'm not ready for a Buyer's Agent, but give me your general opinion on these neighborhoods.") and when agency definitely needs to be in place - for you and the agent ("What should I do about...?")
http://www.nohasslepropertysearch.idxco.com/idx/4328/results…

Mike,
You should also compare new construction to resales, to get an idea of resale values in neighborhoods.
And you will have some personal preferences to take into account, like proximity to services and shopping.
Twin Lakes shines in that regard, I think.
Amberly has a pool that people swoon over.

I tend to lean towards communities that are mostly completed, to protect you from a change in direction by the developer.

Inventory homes can be a better buy than building from the ground up, and they can obviously close quicker for you.
Mike,

This is a great place to find knowledgeable agents. Both Bo and I have been in this market for a long time. I have worked with a number of buyers that have come directly from Trulia and I actually speak to and train real estate agents throughout the US on using Trulia and other sites to help guide buyers in their home purchases (and selling in general).

What you probably have determined in the past 24 hours on here is that all the veteran agents from markets throughout the country are going to continue to encourage you to get a buyers agent because many of the questions you are asking we can not answer.

All of the neighborhoods that you are looking at have many great things about them and there are others in your price range. Send me a message and let me know what you would like to have in your new home other than area and price range and I will send you a list of what is available so you can continue to do some of the narrowing down on your own. I'm a very independent person and like to do the same thing :)
Mike,

These are very general questions that are hard for an agent to answer that is not your buyers agent. I can send you a list of the new home options in West Cary/Morrisville but to answer questions like value for the money, amenities and potential resale value based on specifics is hard to answer with anything but vague answers. All agents until hired by a buyer technically work for the builder/seller so you may want to consider interviewing agents and hire a buyers agent who can help gather all this data for you and also help you decipher the data to make the best purchase decision. Again, keep in mind that not all agents have the same level of experience and it would be best to find someone that has extensive experience and knowledge in the W. Cary market.

Please don't think I am pressuring you into getting a buyers agent but it can be an invaluable asset to you. Data in W. Cary and all of Wake Co for that matter shows that very few buyers get a discount on the home sale price when not using an agent and many pay more than those who had an agent.
Mike -

There are many people - Realtors - in the Triangle who will be happy to provide you with good advice. I notice you have several questions about buying here, and I'm going to answer those as well - along with the great answers you've gotten already.

However, the first thing we all need to know before we answer your questions is simple - Do you have a Buyer's Agent now, or not?

If yo do, then you really need to ask them these questions, because we are not allowed BY LAW to interfere with the relationship you have with that agent.

As to this question - this is part of what an experienced and highly-capable Buyer's Agent does for their client - I know it's what I do for mine.