Home Buying in Westmont>Question Details

Robie Pet, Home Buyer in Illinois

Company-Sell a House for more or Zenmd, Is this a creditable Buyer/Seller real estate company? In Illinoi

Asked by Robie Pet, Illinois Sat Dec 27, 2008

They want to purchase my house as an investor. They have sent postcards and letters.

Answers

4
I highly doubt that any company who is sending you postcards and offering to buy your home will offer you market value. If you are considering selling your home I would contact a local Realtor to find out the market value of the property. Any Realtor will provide this as a free service.
I recently worked with this company. I left due to the large number of red flags that continued to come up. I had several people either cancel the contract after signing or were extremely interested until they spoke with their attorney. I am not an attorney and can not answer the question if what they are doing is 100% legal. I can only advise that anyone go to a qualified attorney and seek legal advise before making any final decisions.
Most often they are looking to pay rock bottom prices and steal your house. be careful with signing anything unless you have it reviewed first. they will not pay retail. check with the better business bureau or your state secretary of states office to see if teh company is in good standing as well. good luck
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 28, 2008
Robie-

I work in the Downers Grove area and I haven't heard of those companies. That doesn't mean they don't exist or are not creditable. You can call the Better Business Bureau to see if they are listed with them. Try a google search to see if you can find out more information on them.

It's always better to be safe than sorry!