Marie, Both Buyer and Seller in Freehold, NJ

Closing Fees for Cash Purchase?

Asked by Marie, Freehold, NJ Tue Dec 4, 2012

I will be buying a house in NJ for $128,500 cash. What fees should I expect to pay at closing? I already know my attorney's fee. I'm looking for an idea of the dollar amounts typical for things like title search and insurance, and whatever else I will pay at closing. (I have already paid for the home inspection out of pocket). Thank you.

Answers

2
If you are using an attorney he will have exact figures for you just prior to closing.
Usually the cost of title search is included in the attorney fee.
However as a buyer you will have to pay for title insurance at closing. Also you can expect fees such as reimbursing seller for any prepaid taxes/sewer bills, recording fees for mortgage and deed, sometimes any overnight fees incurred, obviously your attorney fee. You will also have to pre-pay before closing 1 year of homeowners insurance. Usually I tell buyers at this price point they will have to come to closing with between $4000 - $6000. Of course this is an average so speaking to your attorney for a good faith estimate of potential closing costs is a smart move.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 5, 2012
"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

Contact any title company they should have all the same rates. Ask them what closing cost would be complete on a cash transaction.

3xUS Army Veteran
Joseph Fernandez
cell: (817)975-7258
off: (817)635-1157
website: http://www.blissful-estates.com