Home Buying in Porter Ranch>Question Details

GS, Home Buyer in Arlington Park, El P...

Changing a real estate agent

Asked by GS, Arlington Park, El Paso, TX Sat Apr 5, 2014

Hi -

I am currently working with a real estate agent. He has been showing me homes and setup automated email updates on properties that match my criteria on http://www.mrmlsmatrix.com/ . However, after viewing a few properties, I find him not familiar with the neighborhood and nor the communities that I am looking to move into. I have not signed any document. Can I change to an agent that is more familiar with the neighborhood.

Answers

9
Dear GS:

I'd recommend having this honest conversation with your realtor. It sounds like, while he may not be a good fit for you, he has still put in a lot of time assisting you. Let him know how you feel and ask him to refer you to someone who might be better able to assist you. That way there are no hard feelings and I'm sure your honesty will not only help him but will encourage him to help you by pointing you in the right direction. Remember, he has put in considerable time and will not get paid for that time, because in the end, he is not going to be selling you a home. He deserves your honesty.

Best of luck with your home search!
Since you have not signed any agreement with your Realtor you are free to change at anytime. I would go to a few open houses in the area you like and see if there is an agent you can connect with. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2014
We (UpNest) are an innovative online realtor marketplace that helps you find a top local realtor, who compete for your business . All of our partner agents are full service, and very experienced. We're different because agents will compete for your business with cash rebates, which are based on your purchase readiness and profile. The service is free, fast (multiple agents contact you within 24 hours), and has no obligation. Click on our profile and visit our website to learn more.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2014
Yes you can. I can help you find a good realtor and help you personally with the mortgage.

For mortgage help, call (855) 893-1177 or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states and you can apply online at http://www.myccmortgage.com. We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (855) 893-1177.

Brad Neumann
Branch Manager
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Phone: (855) 893-1177
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
This is good news for me. My current real estate agent is a nice person, but she is only familiar with homes that are out of my price range. I think it would be best for the both of us if found somebody else. I was afraid that I had some kind of obligation, though.

http://www.janetedsall.com/
Flag Fri Sep 26, 2014
You have not sign a contract why not move on.
If you do not have a buyer broker agreement in the areas you are looking then you are
free to choose another agent.I would also recommend you be honest with the current realtor and
let them know you will not be working with them anymore
You don't have a binding agreement with your Realtor then you can change to whoever you want.
Yes , you can Google the area that you want to look in & talk to 3 agents to see who you feel comfortable with .Good luck !
I would recommend you interview "local" Porter Ranch Realtors for specific questions on the community. It would be thoughtful, if you have a conversation with the agent that has been helping you, perhaps he/she would have a good referral for you in Porter Ranch.