Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

jeffmaronn, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

Cash buyer, looking for advice on best locations near Orlando

Asked by jeffmaronn, Orlando, FL Thu Apr 4, 2013

Looking for a townhome or condo within a 40 minute radius of Orlando Theme Parks. 3 Bedroom, 1.5 bath-cash buyer looking at this property as a 2nd home
Willing to go up to $95,000; 2nd home will be used for about half the year-prefer community that is safe/gated

Answers

10
Abraham Bidhendi’s answer
Hi Jeff:

If you would like to be able to use the unit half of the year and then rent it out the next half, you would need to be in communities that are zoned for short term rentals (mostly in Davenport and Kissimmee's 34747 area code):

Below is the link to some properties in these areas:

http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/listings/areas/9995…

Have a fantastic day & I look forward to hearing from you.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Ive seen some interesting things in Sebring, Florida near Lake Jackson
Hi, we are a company specialising in wholesale in Orlando, FL. Go check out our website to see how we can help you get your deals done!

http://orlandohouses.simplesite.com/
If you want something that you can rent out on a short term basis it cannot be in Orlando or Orange County. Osceola, Lake and Polk Counties have lots of communities zoned correctly for vacation rental.

As others have already said, there are condos available in your price range, even an occasional home, but expect modest accommodations.

Condos will also carry high maintenace fees, so if you can do some work, your best bet may be to look for a fixer-upper single family home in a community zoned for short term rental. The HOA will be much more reasonable than a condo fee.

I would be more than happy to give you additional advice or assist you in your search for a vacation property so you're most welcome to contact me. 407-361-1694 or Melissa.m.gerace@ gmail.com

Melissa M Gerace
Real Estate Consultant/REALTOR
Premium Properties Real Estate Services
Jeff,

Mark's answer is right on the money!
To answer your question, yes there are properties available. However, it depends on your expectations whether or not the property is suitable for you. Most of my clients that are looking for vacation homes often find themselves wanting more when viewing homes below the 150k-200k price point. Though there are some good investment options available in this price range. Buying for long term rental gives you cash flow and appreciation. The downside is that you wont have a home away from home.
That being said, rates are awfully low and properties above the $150k mark can provide you with a more suitable vacation home. You could use the extra cash flow from an investment property to supplement the cost of the vacation property. Just something to think about during these times of low rates.
The reason I suggest this an option is because most of my investor clients are investing very differently this year vs the period of '08-'11. Back when properties were dirt cheap and REO's came on the market everyday, it was a great time to invest in cash flow property. Those same investors have been pulling equity from those properties to use for new properties that are focused on appreciation. Focused on growth areas and investing with the intention of building equity by taking advantage of low rates and easier lending standards.
So, to properly answer your question: there are properties available to you within your budget. I would just spend time researching all of your options and comparing. I hope that helps with your investment goals.
If you are interested to read more about investment property and search all of the MLS with current listings, please visit the GalleonProperties.com website by the link below.

Best of luck to you and finding the right property,

Danny Barto
Galleon Real Estate
Jeff:

Check out these 19 units in all within 25 minutes or less from Disney. Not all are gated, but I can give you more detils on those that you find interesting.
Click > http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1834721…
, then the black arrow above the photo to change pages. Contact me with any questions via e-mail or phone.

Tony Vega
La Rosa Realty
407-791-9086

http://www.SearchKissimmeeHomes.com
Jeff with that amount you certainly can find a condo or townhouse in Orlando, give me a call and I will help you purchase your place in Orlando!
Jeff, I'll tell you what the problem is. Thousands of you folks from up north see the prices on the internet and think wow, I can find a great place to snowbird in for next to nothing. You come down and take a look in person at what this "great" stuff really is like in person. It turns out to be well below your expectations. If your expectations are reasonable, then yes there are still a few good choices in the price range you have in mind. Alan's suggestion of Legacy Dunes is not a bad one. Although given the number of units he owns there, it's not totally unbaised :)

The other ting to keep in mind is that some of these places will have extremely high condo fees $400 to $600 a month is not uncommon. That's a lot of carrying costs.
I am buying in Legacy Dunes 34747. A great place to invest
check it out on my web site http://www.frontlinefloridarealty.com
I would recommend the areas in south orange county: 32824,32837, 32829, and north Osceola County: 34743,34744,34746. There are lots of townhomes and Condos that are newer and reasonable.