Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

Alberta Inve…, Home Buyer in ?

Canadian investor looking to buy houses for rental in greater phoenix. Any realtor with rental knowledge available?

Asked by Alberta Investor, ? Tue Jun 21, 2011

Answers

32
I have a double wide mobile in Apache Junction rented with a 1 year lease for 850/mo that we are looking to sell to an investor. 75K call 480-654-0207 email crc.llc@hotmail.com. We also have a renovated block home for sale unoccupied. We are general contractors and flip 1-2 homes per year if you are interested in anything in particular just let us know.

crc, llc
mesa, az
Hey Mr. Alberta, I am from northern British columbia, don't know if your still looking but I just moved here and gonna be doing some real estate deals, email me d.sieben@hotmail.com might have what your looking for, thanks
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
I have many years' experience helping Canadian investors purchase rental property in the area. There are many subtleties to the Phoenix area rental market and you need to be aware of them prior to purchasing a home. Location is key now, as some areas command a substantially larger average rental rate than others. Please be sure you contact someone who knows (and can demonstrate to you with actual numbers) the difference and which areas most closely match with your goals.

I've put a link in below to a blog site to which I have contributed several articles on this very subject. I hope you find it helpful. Please feel free to let me know if I can answer any questions or offer any advice. I'm always happy to help, even if we don't do business together.
Be careful as there are many " out of country investors " running scams. Don't mean to muddy your reputation Alberta ( no background as to why from Canada you have chosen Phoenix though ), so this is not directed at you... but we've seen recent instances of a Canadian buyer offering and sending deposit site unseen, only to pull out of the deal and request their deposit back ... but if you're not careful it can be a while before you bank actually notifies you the check came back from overseas as no good, yes that can happen even once the money shows in your account... Please insist your " Investors " see the property in person... Not doing so is red flags 1 and 2.
I have been a full time realtor for 6+ years. Prior to that, I owned a company that bought distressed properties, fixed them, sold them to investors and then leased them back from the investors and managed the properties. I was also a loan officer before that. All of those jobs helped give me a very comprehensive insight into the workings of the real estate market.

I am extremely competent at finding properties that are great values and excel at negotiating on behalf of my clients. I have a strong track record of successful real estate sales.
.
First-Rate service, Knowledge and Professionalism are the keys to my business. My focus is on effectively leading my clients through a successful, stress-free real estate transaction. My goal is to provide professional and prompt service to my clients. I listen to your concerns and desires and effectively address those concerns and desires.

I keep my fingers on the pulse of the market and the ever changing technology and utilize every available tool to assist you with the purchase or sale of your home.
Arizona Premier Realty Homes and Land. They're great people, and they'll take care of you. Ask for Brenda
You may want to search trulia for a realtor to help you purchase a home?
Lily
Either you are a non licensee soliciting for real estate services or are a real estate licensee not disclosing your broker affiliation. Both are illegal. You as a lay person are not supposed to be soliciting for real estate services unless you have a personal interest in the property. As for referrals, we as licensees are only supposed to pay referrals to other licensees.
Hello, we currently have some foreclosed properties that are priced low and below market value and can close fast. please call 480- 744- 5999 to get the list of properties. I know a very good realtor that can help you rent out the property once you acquire it.
In addition to a realtor, you will need a good accountant to advise you on how best to own the property and to explain the income and estate tax implications. We can also prepare you US tax returns.

Check out my book, Buying Real Estate in the US - The Concise Guide for Canadians.
Hello Alberta Investor -

Please visit our website at http://www.azperformancerealty.com. We specialize in working with Canadian investors (approx. 80% of our business and over 100 homes year to date). We offer full service Property Management, have direct contacts at the two banks currently lending to Canadians on U.S. Property (soon to be three) as well as private financing options.

I would love to discuss in more detail as well. Please feel free to call me at 602.330.3025.

Shannon Cunningham Smith
AZ PERFORMANCE REALTY TEAM
Keller Williams Professional Partners
p:602.330.3025
f:602.325.2297
Shannon@azperformancerealty.com
http://www.azperformancerealty.com
My group has many AZ properties designed for the buy and rent model, properties are competitively priced, in good locations, and are targeted to return 10% per annum to the investor. If you are interested I can be reached at Carl@bizOppsLLC.com
do your research get the details and figure out what option is best for you. If you are not experiencing any luck at all or want to look furthar, I have more options on the table for you to explore here in phoenix and surrounding ereas. feel free to reach me if you will at 480-252-6655 my name is cory.
Yes! Check our article in Canadian Real Estate Magazine this month (I have posted as a blog here too). My team specializes in working with investors, particularly Canadian, and offers full service Property Management as well. You can find more information on our website at:
http://www.azperformancerealty.com

Please feel free to contact me to discuss further too.

Shannon Cunningham Smith
AZ PERFORMANCE REALTY TEAM
Keller Williams Professional Partners
p:602.330.3025
f:602.325.2297
Shannon@azperformancerealty.com
http://www.azperformancerealty.com
I am a REALTOR and a real estate investor. Actually I started my career in real estate as a part time investor when I was still working a regular 9-5 job. I loved the business and became a full time REALTOR. I am a small investor and never do more than 2 or 3 personal deals per year. I am also a member of AzREIA - Arizona Real Estate Investors Association and the Phoenix Real Estate Club (a sister organization).

Most of my clients are investors that buy, fix and sell; or buy and rent. They are mostly seasoned investors. But I have also helped new investors start in the business. I basically share my own experience, forms and spreadsheets with them.

Your question did not disclose how experienced you are investing in real estate. I can help you whether you are a seasoned investor, someone that is just starting out, or anywhere in between.

For out-of-state clients I usually preview the properties and take additional pictures and video. This allow them to review the properties and decide which ones they want to pursue. And this is something I do at least 2 or 3 times per week.

And because of my relationship with local investors I also maintain a list of properties that are not listed on the MLS. These are properties that are typically sold for cash within a very short time frame. We can usually find very good deals there. And some of them even come with a tenant already in place.

And lastly, I also have experience helping investors buy properties at the Trustee's Auction. We get a daily listing of properties that are being auctioned. I help some of my clients analyze those properties and decide a maximum bid. To be honest, this was a great way to buy properties until 9 to 12 months ago. Now it seems that every day a new bidding services company shows up at the auction bidding for owner occupants. As a result some properties are being sold for almost retail value. But there are still deals to be had there.

And I will leave you with one last thought - I don't work with investors because I have to. I do it because I love to invest in real estate and by helping investors I have an opportunity to get involved in some very exciting deals. I guess you could say that I live vicariously through them... :O)

If you would like to receive the list of properties that are not on the MLS just give me a call, or you can request it directly in my website at http://www.myfirsthouseaz.com/investors/

There is no obligation.

Jose Dias, REALTOR
(623) 418-5700
Jose@MyFirstHouseAZ.com
Realty One Scottsdale
There are many great agents available but I'd be happy to assist you. I'm married to a Canadian and I have a team of professionals (insurance, tax, home warranty, inspections, etc.) who specialize in Canadian buyers and are ready to assist our friends and family with purchasing homes here. I'm also the designated broker/owner of our office and we have a great reputation for providing quality service. We offer electronic document signing and personalized service for property searching, inspections and walk-throughs for our long distance clients so we'd love to assist you. I also have personally owned several homes in Phoenix and we have property management if you'd like to compare our services.

Oh by the way, if you are planning a trip to Phoenix, you may want to check out the great Canadian picnic held every year around the first week of February!
If you are looking for someone familiar with the Canadian perspective, investing and property management, please consider our services. My wife and I are both born and raised Canadians. We moved to Phoenix in 1996 from Calgary. We are investors ourselves and have the hands on experience from the investor perspective.

I personally also do property management for clients who purchase homes through us.

If you would like references, I can put you in touch with clients from both Calgary and Phoenix.
Here to help if you need it!

sherayn.allen@century21.com
Sorry about the last link I provided, I left out the "." after the www
I work exclusively with Canadians and am the author of Buying Real Estate in the US - The Concise Guide for Canadians. I can help you identify realtors that I know have experience working with Canadians. I can also help provide advice on how to own the property and the tax consequenses of renting.

Below is a link to my book's website, it provides a lot of information that you need to know before you buy.

Dale A. Walters, CPA, PFS, CFP
CEO
KeatsConnelly
1-800-678-5007
The Phoenix market has some great opportunities for purchasing rental properties. We currently are working with several clients that are looking for rental properties to live in and have worked with investors purchasing rental property. It is difficult to find a good rental home in certain areas in Scottsdale and surrounding areas at this time because many people have lost or short sold their homes.

It is important to identify which areas will cash flow and are in demand. I would be happy to help you find a property.

HomeSmart has a property management division that will professionally manage your property, so that you can be assured that everything is taken care of at your property.

Please call me at 602-558-1561 or email at lisasipes.homesmart@gmail.com .
Good Afternoon,
Glad to see you are looking into investing in the Phoenix market. I work with several investors both in and out of state, in both multi-family and single-family purchases as well as represent banks in selling their distressed assets. I have clients that purchase for a long-term hold as well as for short-term profit. You can contact me at jcohen@hsmove.com.
Yes, I can help you and provide you with a lender who works with Canadians. Please go to my website at: maricopacountyhomesforsale.com
Alberta Investor, you are going to get a lot of responses to your inquiry from both qualified and not so qualified agents. For you, the properties you purchase must deliver good ROI and cash flow. However, you also want to ensure that your property is in a nice neighborhood with good resale potential down the road when the market turns around. I would recommend you stay away from neighborhoods with many rentals and stick to newer homes (built in the last 10 years) with tile roofs if you want a minimum of maintenance headaches.

Make sure that any agent you choose understands ROI and also understands the current market. You might also wish to consider buying properties directly from the lenders at the trustee's sales that happen every day down at the courthouse steps on Jefferson St. You can buy there for a substantial discount versus purchasing from the MLS. There are also greater risks in buying properties this way, but the potential reward can be tremendous.

I sell an average of 100 foreclosures annually and have relationships with five major banks and asset companies. We run a tremendous amount of statistics when we valuate our clients' assets. Banks and investors are all about numbers. Your agent should be as well.
Dear Alberta Investor:

Yes. See this link regarding Canadian investors to get started and answer some of your questions: http://arizonahomesland.com/canadianbuyersarizona.html

HomeSmart has a professional property management group if you do not plan on managing the rental properties yourself.

Let me know if you have any questions about home prices or rents in specific areas.

Jeff Masich, Realtor
Arizona Homes and Land
HomeSmart Reatly
Web Reference: http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
When choosing a realtor make sure that they discuss with you the tax implications of purchasing in the U.S. Also make sure it is an agent who specializes in buyers and investors so they help you break down the specific areas that will give you the greatest return on your investment. Are you looking to manage the properties yourself? What will a property manager cost you? How long can a Canadian stay in the US during the duration of a year? Which markets are flooded with rentals? These are all things to take into account. If you have any questions or would like more information on the market please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you.

Landon Arciero

480.707.1195

Re/Max Fine Properties
I just sold two homes in the last week to a Canadian. If you would like a reference, contact me through Trulia.
Alberta -

You're about to get inundated. My suggestion would be to chose 3 or 4 agents, check them out online as best you can, and then interview them.
Our office provides extensive buyer and Property Management services. My team has over 75 years of experience in renting and managing properties. For quote and details, please email be at Fred@FredDelgado.com or feel free to contact our office at 602-384-8494.
I can show you all kinds of nice homes which will rent easily (even to Canadian "snowbirds") . Email me at claudia@azrealtorgroup.com and we can visit about all your requirements.

Claudia H. Wilson, GRI, CRS, CSSN
Arizona Real Estate Professionas, LLC
40-433-2675
Alberta,

Ron and I have been Realtors here in the valley for 24 years. We work with many investors, some flip, some rent... If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
**Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley"
I have worked with Canadian borrowers both on the lending and buying side. Contact me anytime 602-481-5717 or Sara@ScottsdaleParadise.com.