Home Buying in Van Nuys>Question Details

Jen, Home Owner in North Scottsdale, Sc...

Can you trade a home for another? No down payments, etc. Just a staight trade?

Asked by Jen, North Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ Sat Jul 19, 2008

I have a home in Scottsdale that I'd like to trade for a home in Van Nuys, Valley Glen area. Do people do this?

Answers

2
Very rare occurance, but it does happen, I'm presently working with a seller who go the house they are selling now in a Trade with one of the elderly neighbors down the street that had gotten up in age and needed a house all on one level. The house the elderly couple traded for was a smaller and less exepensive house, but I think they traded even, it's up to the buyers and sellers, whatever works for the parties involved. Lets say the House your wanting is inferior to the one you want, you could still trade, and pay the seller the agreed upon diffence, if any. Even if the seller doesn't want to occupy the property you are wanting totrade, it's still possible that they would take it on a trade and acquire your property as an investment property or for rehab and re-sell (flip).
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 19, 2008
Yes, it is a common practice to barter, trade, or swap your home for another.