Home Buying in Middleboro>Question Details

Ron Raubaugh, Home Buyer in Middleboro, MA

Can you tell me about the mobile home park Edgewood in Middleboro Ma.?

Asked by Ron Raubaugh, Middleboro, MA Sun Jul 1, 2012

Is it A coop? Are they pet friendly?

Answers

2
It is a 55+ park. Not sure about pets.
Ron. This park has been in the news a lot lately because of the long range effects of the actions of its late owner, who Was a character to say the least. As an agent who has been working in this area for over 35 years I have heard all the stories.

However both the Middleboro side of the park, which is called Edge wood, and the Lake ville side, called Twin Coach, are pleasant and convenient places to live with a reasonable park fee compared to many in southeastern MA. Older homes in Win Coach but larger, more private lots. Edge wood has the newer manufactured homes, which sell for more money.

So to sum up I think the problems are on their way to solution and closer that t hey have been in a long time. Management needs to get its act together, but that is Beijing affected by the fact that the owner died without a will and two sons have appeared out of the woodwork. Obviously a looooong story there!

I'd live there if I was inclined to live in one of those communities. But I'd probably choose the Twin Coach side because of the nice lots and just fix up the older home that I would find there. Depends on what you are looking for in the unit itself and the lot. And of course price.

Linda Vintro
Uptown Realtors
Middleboro