R, Home Buyer in New Jersey

Can you tell me about Jersey City Heights? What is the neighborhood like?

Asked by R, New Jersey Sun May 18, 2008

Can you tell me about Jersey City Heights? What is the neighborhood like? Some told me that the East isde (Palisade Ave) is better than the West Side (JFK Blvd), is it true? I'm looking for investment property.

Answers

8
yea palisades is better but better how because its a little prettier its stil gross some of the houses are such dump there schools suck and most of the buildings are run down but if it is for investment its fine if i where you i would make sure your getting the best deal
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 2, 2008
I'm a resident of Jersey City Heights and yes, the east side closer to Hoboken is the better side. I'd stay clear of the west side though I'm sure there are nice parts over there. I live near the cliffs by the 9 th Street Lightrail Station. The area is quiet, less crowded, more residential with families and young professionals within a closer distance to PATH and the city. The average home prices run from 300K to 650K here but are far more affordable than what you'd find down the cliff in the Hoboken area. Like others the best part of living here is being close to Hoboken without having to pay Hoboken prices. Hope I was of some help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 20, 2008
What is it like to live near Christ Hospital on Palisades, I am thinking of moving there but concerned about resale value and hospital noise
Hi, you can check out http://www.spotcrime.com for in depth area profiles, demographics, crime stats, etc.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Hello, I moved to the Heights - Ogden Avenue overlooking Hoboken and New York City in 1984 and have owned a two family house there ever since. I would be happy to give you a tour of the neighborhood and provide any additional information that would be helpful based on 25 years of experience living and owning property in the Heights. Just give me a call or send an email
Art Kaufman
Licensed Real Estate Representative
WEICHERT DOWNTOWN JERSEY CITY
273 Grove Street
201-333-4443
CELL: 908-304-2690
akaufman@weichert.com
i have lived in heights for 10 years the East Side is great because the Light rail is accessible from this end . West side has transportation but not that many options. If you need assistance feel free to contact me.
I closed on my 2 family house in Jan 09 on the west side. I am currently living in one of the units for the time being. I purchased on the west b/c it was more convenient for me and my wife since we both work in manhattan and dont like taking the path. The buses on JFK blvd that travel through the lincoln tunnel are great and very fast. In 2010, I will be purchasing another investment property in the area and will choose the west side. Homes are much cheaper on west and the area is developing. The east side is not really worth the prices in my opinion especially as an investment.
If it is an investment property you are looking for ROI(return on invest) is very important as well. You may contact me and I can show you the properties can can generate the best ROI, and you can make your decision on area during such viewings.
Call for more information

Weichert Realtors
Anderson Herrera
917-418-2192
201-222-9595