Jacqueline S…, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

Can you switch from the good neighbor HUD FHA program to regular FHA? I know you would need the 3.5% down but

Asked by Jacqueline Stephens, Tampa, FL Sat Oct 31, 2009

Do you know of any reliable down payment assistance programs in Hillsborough county that would help?

Answers

3
Alma Rose Kee, P.A.’s answer
Dear Jacqueline,

Depending on your income and number of dependents, you may be able to get money from Hillsborough county. If you are a first time homebuyer, the county still has up to $8k to lend you (you pay it back when you get your tax rebate). Also there are other programs you may qualify for.

Also depending on where the property is located, you may be able to get a USDA 100% mortgage with no money down. And if you want to go to Pasco County, they also have generous downpayment assistance programs.

Hope this helps.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, P.A.
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc,
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
813.244.9898
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 28, 2009
Jaqueline....
I did already answer this question for you when I called....
there's also a way to get 8k stimulus in advance and use it as down payment.
If you have other queries, I'll be glad to meet you and husband at my office and get you a home dream.
best regards,
Antonio
Web Reference: http://www.hothomespot.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 31, 2009
Are you working with a lender? They should be able to identify such resources for you. If not...maybe you should explore your options.

Kim

Disclaimer: I am a licensed real estate broker and property/casualty insurance agent in the State of Ohio, providing information and sharing experiences acquired over 15 years in the industries. I do not profess to be qualified to give advice in any other field, though will share opinions and information obtained during my course of work. It is always highly recommended that consumers seek counsel from a specialist in each area in which there is a question or concern.