Home Buying in Sabina>Question Details

samsmom2009, Home Buyer in Sabina, OH

Can you still get a loan if you have poor credit??

Asked by samsmom2009, Sabina, OH Mon Aug 6, 2012

I was able to get a car loan but didnt know about a home loan.. not looking for anything to expensive, the highest around 65,000.00 -75,000.00 and lower.. thank you..

Answers

3
I'm not sure what my score is but the last time I checked it was maybe 3 plus years ago and it was in the 400 hundreds.. why is it I got a car loan but can't a home loan?? I just need to figure out how to get started in making it better..
That's a tough question to answer for certain. It will depend on a lot of factors. If your bank does mortgage lending I would make an appointment, sit down with someone in their loan department and review your credit report. Most people with less than perfect credit really don't want to discuss it but it's the only way to understand it and plan to fix it. You may be surprised at how easy it can be to raise your credit score. There are a lot of variables and someone who knows the credit business can guide you on the best ways to improve your score.

There are also private lending/seller financing deals to be had. Find an experienced, local Realtor and let them help you find the right situation!

Push your way through the obstacles and get yourself a great house!
Define "poor" credit? If it's under 600 you are not likely to qualify for a loan.