Ann Zee, Other/Just Looking in Nob Hill, San Franci...

Can you show some multiple family units?

Asked by Ann Zee, Nob Hill, San Francisco, CA Wed Sep 15, 2010

Answers

12
Ann,

If you are going to buy a multiple-unit building in San Francisco, you not only need to be very selective in what building you choose but also which broker. There are so many issues to deal with aside from condition of the building - tenant rent profile, are there protected tenants, do you plan to move-in, condo conversion status, and eviction history just to name a few - you need a representative who can do a lot more than just show you some properties.

We not only represent clients who buy/sell properties like this, but we do it for our own account including renovations so we have the whole gamut of contractors who are good and reasonable, and I have personally dealt with hostile tenants and buyout negotiations. We also have attorneys who specialize in landlord/tenant law to guide when necessary. Before you buy ANY property you need to be fully aware of what you are getting into.

This is not to say you shouldn't buy a multi-unit, because prices have started to get more realistic where you can actually have positive cash flow. The best piece of advice I can give you is to interview 3 Brokers who are reputable, knowledgeable and experienced to make sure you have the right fit. Since this is our business obviously we'd like to be one of those three and are always willing to sit down for a no-strings consult. Our contact info is below.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 16, 2010
I certainly can. When are you available to look at some? What size are you thinking of 2-4 unit, 5-15 units or 15+ units? It looks like you are wanting to look in Central Sunset, any other areas of San Francisco? It takes 24-48 notice to look at investment properties and generaly not on weekends Please call me, the sooner you call me ,the sooner I can start making arrangements,
Ann,

Good advice from Tom in Seattle. This will be especially important in order to detrmine your price range. My fellow colleague specializes in Multiple units in the city. Letme know if you would like me to arrange for her to show you.

Kathryn Golden, McGuire Real Estate
Realtor, Top Producer
c/ 415-806-3900
kgolden@mcguire.com
Oh, are you talking about Trulia? You will have to ask Trulia - go to question and answer and ask the same question to Trulia. I doubt though.

If not, I can show you multiple units by sending you some links - I have access to that.

Sylvia Chang Barry
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin County, CA
Ann Zee

Any broker will prequalify you as part of their service. Make sure your finances are in order and draft brief business plan with your accountant.

Then enjoy one of the best times to purchase real estate in decades!
Hi Ann:

My sister is a very experienced, independent broker in San Francisco. She will definitely be able to help you with multiply units in S.F. or other Bay Area. If you are looking at North Bay (Marin county or Sonoma), you can contact me as that's my area.

Please feel free to email or call me and I can either give you my sister's information or I can chat with you about your special situation

Sylvia Chang Barry
Marin Realtor
I can show you units. Please contact me, and we can discuss what you are looking for.

Bev Smucha
Office: 415-565-4498
e.mail: soval@worldnet.att.net
Lic.#00855950
Hi Ann,

Yes I can, I would need a little more information about your needs, area and price range. Please give me a call 729-4189
I will glad to show you properties, I need some information, you can call me at 415-867-3372.
Luis Gervasi
Web Reference: http://www.vanguardsf.com
Ann

Here is a link to all multi-family units in SF at $2M or less:

http://www.mlsfinder.com/ca_sfar/oggikashi?action=newsearchs…

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate dre1844627
Paragon Real Estate Group
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com/
My client is buying an excellent building right now. What is your price range?
Yes, when would you like to meet?

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate dre1844627
Paragon Real Estate Group
Web Reference: http://www.Oggikashi.com