Allen, Both Buyer and Seller in Novi, MI

Can you recommend an excellent builder?

Asked by Allen, Novi, MI Sat Aug 20, 2011

Looking for an excellent builder in the Detroit area to build a custom home? Bloomfield Area.
Please let me know why you recommend them.

Answers

4
Carolyn Stieger, ASPM, RESA-PRO, NASMM, CRTS, RESA, IAHSP’s answer
Arteva Homes, Inc build quality custom homes. They pay attention to every detail whether building custom homes or condos. Contact Arteva Homes at 248-642-7826 located at 1668 Telegraph Road, Suite L-150 Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302

I have worked with Arteva Homes on several of their projects in the Birmingham and Davison areas. I have seen the quality and attention to detail during construction.
Marc & Bob Earl. (Earl construction). They build homes & remodel. They built a home for me & I have recommended them many times. Other Realtors have recommended them and mortgage brokers. They take on one job at a time. 248 541 4012. Check out Better Business Bureau. Thanks Steve 248 819 6464
I cannot recommend a builder in your area but I can give you some traits to look for in finding and interviewing builders. First check with your local Home Builders Association for a list of builders in your area. Then interview 3-5 builders, ask for references and call the references, ask questions about how warranty work is handled and do they have a set program for the schedule of the work, choose an energy star builder this will give you a 3rd party inspections and goes to the overall quality and energy savings of the home. Finally ask about the structure of the deal it is usually in your best interest to do a construction perm loan, if it is custom home it might be in your best interest to have an overall budget but enter into a cost plus contract. If you are using an agent, (I advise you use some type of professional representation) choose a full time agent who is familiar with new construction projects. The agent should attend ALL meetings with you and the builder or the builder’s representatives. Good Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.randshomes.com
I can highly recommend two brothers. Each has their own company, however, they are currently working together. They are Bob Slade, RL Slade Custom Homes, and Jim Slade, Brook Valley Homes. They have built high-quality custom homes for 30 years. Both have exquisite wood finishing skills and are honest and trustworthy. Wonderful examples of their skill are apparent in their own homes built in Goodrich. If you would like to be put in touch with them, please contact me off line.

Shirley Coronado