Home Buying in Fresno>Question Details

Finchsusane, Home Buyer in Fresno, CA

Can you move a mobile home from a park after you buy it?

Asked by Finchsusane, Fresno, CA Mon Jul 30, 2012

I have land to place a mobile home and want to buy one used. If it's currently in a mobile home park, can I have it moved and not end up paying any rent to the MHP?

Answers

7
So I own a modular home in a community park. I have now decided to sell it. One party that is interested in buying my place wants to move it out of the park and on to their own property which I could care less if they move it or not as long as I get the money I'm asking for my place however when the party stopped and asked the managers of the park I live in if they could move my place the park said they have 1st option to buy it which yes I've offered the park to buy it but they don't wanna pay me what I want for it so I've listed it for sale. The park is now telling potential buyers that they can not move the house. There is nothing in writing saying that it can't be moved actually just a month ago another person moved their house out of the park.. I'm sick of losing potential buyers because the park doesn't want to lose another monthly lot rent. What can I do?? Can I suit the park for costing me potential buyers of my house cause their is nothing saying people can't move homes out of the park..
One thing I didn't mention was the fact that if the home is moved and you or anyone you sell it to wants an FHA guaranteed loan you will not be able to get one. Additionally, if the home was built before June15, 1976 many cities and counties won't issue a permit for it.
you do have to pay rent while mobile home sits in the park.
if the space lease is under your name im sure they can stop you from moving it out . on the other hand if its not they still require 60 day notice to move out . and u still have to pay those 60 days
We lived in a Triple-wide when first married;
and no, it wasn't an Airstream in Oklahoma.
Most beautiful house we ever lived in!

Have you considered talking to the NEW dealers;
The financing and everything is quite different for NEW as opposed to used.
Try it, you'll like it!
Ah! I just read the fine print below your question. As Ronda mentioned it is not cheap. You'll probably be looking at about 5k per floor/section plus any/all site related costs and permitting. On the question of owing the park/community anything? It depends. You will need to ask the manager if there's any outstanding leans or back rent owed. You would also be wise to check with the county to se if there's any back taxes owed.
Yes you can move it but it's not cheap. Make sure you pour a foundation for it also. Once you buy if from a mobile home park, unless you've signed a lease, you won't owe the MHP anything. Hope this helps.
Ronda Good
You can but don't expect to ever be able to get a conventional FHA forward or reverse mortgage on it. Once it's been moved from its original situs it's almost impossible to obtain any type of FHA financing be it forward or reverse mortgage.

http://www.tagrealestatesales.com
http://www.onthelevelcontractors.com