Home Buying in Plainfield>Question Details

Laurie, Home Buyer in 17019

Can you hear the airport in Avon and Plainfield?

Asked by Laurie, 17019 Mon Nov 16, 2009

Answers

7
Laurie,

I live in Plainfield and have lived in Avon also. Airport noise is not an issue for homeowners. If you are interested in these areas, I can give you some information to help you make your decision. Avon and Plainfield are both thriving areas. They each offer their own uniqueness. There is a small section of Plainfield that received compensation from the Airport Authority for a runway improvement in recent years. Those areas are still desirable areas. Plainfield has a great Parks and Recreation Department that is the envy of other towns, which includes a multi-milion dollar Water Park and walking trails that connect all of the town's parks.

Thanks for asking about the area that I call home!

Call me at 317-354-7410 for more details.

Tony Wilson
317-354-7410

Visit: http://WilsonRealtors.net/QuickSearches.html for a quick look at the available homes in the Indianapolis Area!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 16, 2009
Very rarely do I hear an airplane living in Plainfield
No. I work in Plainfield and I can not hear the airport itself. You will hear planes going over once in a while in Avon and in Plainfield but nothing obnoxious.
To be honest the airport is not a bother at all and I live in Avon. Yes you hear the occasional airplane fly over but not a big deal. What I do hear the most is the railroad. We live very near and constantly hear the breaking nose of the trains. It doesn't bother me I just tune it out, but I could see where it might bother someone else.
I live in Avon and have never heard the planes here and seldom see them. good luck on your home search..
Sure, there is a bit of noise from airplanes when you live within a short distance of an airport. I have lived in Plainfield most of my adult life and love it. Every time I go on a trip and can make it to the airport in 15 minutes or less I am reminded of the convenience of living here. The best is when we arrive home, tired after a day of traveling. We pull out the cell phone and call friends that live in Plainfield to tell them we have landed. By the time we have gotten off the plane and have our luggage, they are pulling up to pick us up. Then a short 15 minutes later we are home safe and sound. I never mind providing airport taxi service to friends and family, it's so easy.

The best part is that little bit of noise may be the only negative about living in Plainfield. We have a wonderful park system with miles and miles of trails. The Aquatic Center provides a year round water park complete with water slides and fountains in addition to the lap pool. We have a beautiful shopping mall, Metropolis, with beautiful stores, restaurants and a movie theater. Our schools are top notch and the people are great.

Every area has something that is not ideal. We sleep with our windows open all summer. We are grateful to live and work in an area where a little airplane noise is our only negative.

The west side is a beautiful area that has been growing by leaps and bounds. I welcome the opportunity to show anyone around my home town.
Web Reference: http://movewithus.us
Laurie:

A good portion of the West side of indianapolis - including parts of both Avon and Plainfield - do experience the noise from airplanes flying in and out of Indianapolis International Airport.

That being said, I live on the North Side of Indianapolis and experience flyover noise from time to time.

How much noise is too much noise? That's a subjective question, with different answers from person to person.

Something must be OK about both Avon and Plainfield, though. They're experiencing some of the fastest growth in the Metro region.

Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group, LLC
317 413.8501
joe@joeshoe.com