Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Rosemarie Ba…, Home Buyer in 28531

Can you give me an idea of the cost for home inspections? Who pays for the pest reports, buyer or seller?

Asked by Rosemarie Baker, 28531 Thu Aug 23, 2012

We are looking to buy a second home in Vegas. Also, if a hud home is for sale is the price negotiable? Our credit is excellent would that help us in negotiating the price?

You will need to need to have a lender approval letter to present with you offer. I am a Branch Manager and Underwrtier in the business for 15 years. I am local and have been in Henderson for 7yrs.. I can provide the letter within hours.

My number one goal is to educate and help people not take advantage.

I can be reached 24/7 at 330-209-4111 or tacksweety@yahoo.com

We can close in 21 days.
RoseMarie, home inspections run from $250 upwards to $500+ depending on the square footage. Most inpsectors use the same templates for their reports, so the way the information is compiled is very close to the same. Typically, the buyer pays for the inspection and especially in this sellers market. But everything is negotiable in real estate, just depends on the outcome goal.

We would look over your goals thoroughly so as to get a strategic plan moving forward. Hud homes are great, but the challenge is the inventory. There's much more to buying and selling these days, so you'll need lots of support and education to make wise decisions - a cup of tenacity & passion helps too! :)
How can I best serve you?

Leigha Kirkpatrick
"In Relentless Pursuit of the Dream...for YOU"l

Keller Williams Realty Las Vegas
3100 S Durango Dr. Suite 106
Las Vegas, NV 89117
(702) 212-1970 - office (702) 946-5056 fax
Home Inspectors range from 175-400 for regular inspections. With HUD homes, in current market, in exclusive bid stage they are going at list or more. I was lucky; and a client got one recently at list price. THey have appraisal done already, and a PCR, property condition report(like a simple inspection). But know with HUD, if you find an issue, you are just taking it as is, or getting EMD back. As they dont do repairs, period. Pest reports are paid by Buyer customary, if termite, Terminix is $75.

Good luck on purchase! Honestly if credit is perfect, you may have a better chance at getting one of the many new homes going up, with their incentives, and you would use their lender to get more incentives. Shoot me your criteria, and I will fwd to builders, so you can have an idea of that market too.

Welcome to your FUTURE in Vegas:)
Not so much important what you pay. It's getting a competent inspector.
I've seen them miss major items. Some inspectors actually advertise that they wont 'crash' your deal....
Be careful of Realtors who recommend their favorite inspectors...they don't want their deals to fall apart over some inspection issue.....
Hello Rosemarie,

Sales Prices are always negotiable.

Bill Thomas with FYI Inspections, Inc comes highly recommended; just google him and you will find 100's of amazing reviews. And, his prices are grand, starting at only $200!

Here's his site / price list: http://fyiinspections.org/fyi-price-list/fyi-price-list.html

Mark Fleysher
The home inspection and any pest inspections are normally a buyer cost. Inspections normally run from $ 275 - $400 depending on the Sq Ft of the property . Some inspectors just have a flat rate. The current market in Las Vegas is one that has very low inventory and high demand. Most homes are selling for above list price. HUD homes may be a way to go. We can discuss the specifics of how HUD properties are offered to owner occupied and then to investors . My daughter is a HUD listing agent in Las Vegas so I keep up to date on the homes she has listed. If you have questions I am always available to talk with you. Fell free to contact me.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
Home insp - $400
HUD negotiable - yes
Good credit = strong offer
Hi Rosemarie
Home inspection prices vary they can start from $295-$495 depending on company. Some home inspection companies offer minimum 1-2 year warranty. Inspections generally are paid by the buyer, however it can be negotiated. All prices are negotiable on any property.
Please call me to begin your home search.

LaKeisha Burnett