n.panczak, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

Can you get a single family home in Baker for under $240K?

Asked by n.panczak, Denver, CO Mon Jan 7, 2013

My wife and I are at the early stages in finding our first home! We love the Baker neighborhood and would ideally like to buy in that neighborhood with the following criteria in mind:

1. Detached Single Family Home
2. Min 1000 Sq Ft
3. Min 2 bd rm
4. Ideally 1.5 - 2 bath rm
5. Either a garage or basement (we have lots of outdoor gear to store)

We have several other items on our "wish list" but, this is what we couldn't do without. Does our dream home exist within our budget???

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Answers

9
Yes it does but there will be a compromise in there somewhere. For instance it may be on one of the streets farther from Broadway like Fox or Galapago, or need some work. In any event supply has been so limited you will need to be ready to go, and be right on it when it comes up. Hopefully your agent is on it, and familiar with the neighborhood. It some cases they may even be able to find you some properties before they hit the market. ;)
Thanks for the great advice!
Flag Mon Jan 7, 2013
Yes –Your “must have” list is totally possible!!!! Let me know if you want me to run the active property list for you, I am more than happy to do so. If you would rather run through the list in person, I am available this week to meet for coffee. In addition to your “must haves” we could work together to narrow your search to your “wish list” as well. It is never too early to come up with a game plan. Let me know how I can help. Julie

Julie Bloch Burton - Broker Associate, Realtor®
Brixton Real Estate - http://brixtonassociates.com/
Cell Phone: 970.396.7435 | Fax: 720-306-2397
email: julieb@Brixtonmail.com
N.panczak,

I would say yes. Probably not a lot more than 1000 sqft. for that price and it may need a little work or updating. I have a 2-story coming up in Baker with 3 bedrooms and 1 bath and a garage that will be in pretty nice condition. they are hoping to sell in the high $200's. I would be glad to work with you and take a look to see what is available that meets your parameters. All the best.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
Unfortunately, nothing available with this specific criteria. I'm afraid you're going to have to consider broadening your area search outside of Baker.
N Panczak - No, you will not find a decent home for that budget. Anything that does come up will quickly be bid upon no matter the condition, size, finish. Its a desirable place to be. Read my blog on the market (wrote about Boulder, but the trend is the same in Denver). http://www.boulderrealestatenews.com/boulder-statistics-janu… I suggest we meet for coffee and discuss your home buying strategy. Maybe I can be of assistance. I have a number of client references in Denver.
Hello! My name is Vivi Gloriod and I live in Baker. I list the majority of homes in Baker. Under $240k is tough, but I am listing this Thursday an adorable single family home on Fox and 3rd for $215,000. If you would like to see it first, give me a call. I would love to help you and your wife find a home in the best neighborhood in Denver!
Vivi Gloriod
Cherry Creek Properties
303-847-1868
Thanks Vivi! Just sent you an email.
Flag Mon Jan 7, 2013
Mr Panczak,
You really need an agent to monitor new listings. Doesn't sound as if you have one to represent your interests. That's why we're here. Is your price range confirmed by a lender? Good luck.

That is a tough one...I am seeing duplexes and a few SFD's that are close to your criteria that you may want to consider. There are some great properties in the surrounding areas as well. Feel free to contact me if you would like property alerts sent to your email per your criteria. The market is still seeing record low inventories, so being able to contract quickly is a major plus.

Andy Eisenbaum
Broker-Owner
Irontree Real Estate
(3030)335-9801
Andy@IrontreeRE.com
Web Reference: http://www.IrontreeRE.com
I just ran a search for you on the MLS with your criteria. There are 0 Active Listings Available meeting that criteria in Baker (I didn't include the garage or basement criteria). I've sold several homes in Baker and have a rental property in the area. It is a great neighborhood. I have seen Fixup homes come on the market in the area that meet your criteria, but they tend to move very quickly (like 1st Day and often with multiple offers). Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.jonrroberts.com