Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

Desperatly H…, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Can you fund and record on the same day in Los Angeles County?

Asked by Desperatly Hoping, Los Angeles, CA Thu Sep 27, 2012

Answers

13

Normally it funds then records. Yes it is possible normally called a "special recording". Lender and title have to be on the same page to pull this off.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 20, 2014
Yes,you can ,but now you have to be a principal in the transaction & hand carry the paperwork to the L.A. county recorder's office ,good luck !
YES, you can.

As a principal on the transaction, the buyer is allowed to “walk-in” his or her paperwork for same day recording. You will need:

1) A great Title Rep. that will pick up all of your title paperwork and hand deliver it by 2:30pm.
2) Paperwork can only be dropped off at the Norwalk location for same day recording.
3) A principal in the transaction MUST be present. I’ve only done this with a buyer (but sounds like they would also allow for a seller to satisfy this condition).
4) Don’t forget to include “Exhibit A” or they'll reject your paperwork.

Get more helpful hints on real estate and home loans.
Sometimes yes...it depends upon who your title company is and if they will walk everything into the recorders office for you.

in other counties, yes.
I go the extra mile (or miles) for my clients. I did it recently for a client. I drove out to Norwalk to the recorders office on a Friday and waited in line to make sure my client funded and recorded on the same day.
Web Reference: http://www.jodibarmash.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
Yes but depends on title company and lender really. I've done it a couple time when my buyer used a direct lender.
I have done it twice ;-) once last year and again in August ..... Not every title company will do it...,never on a refinance. It takes some very good connections and some pull to have it done. BUT I would say don't plan on recording the same day, fund one day and record the following ... If you fund on Friday, then record on Monday.

Good Luck :-)
The correct answer is NO. LA County will no longer do "Special Recordings." All documents must be delivered to the Recorder's office by 8AM of the day of recording. If the wire transfer has not been received by the Title Company the day before, they will not send the documents to the recorder's office in time for the 8AM deadline.

At one time (a long time ago) there was an option for specials, the recorder would receive these "Special documents" up until 11AM, however this got abused and the practice stopped at least 7-8 years ago.

Best to plan ahead. Never plan to record on a Friday, always plan for Wednesday or Thursday latest. That way if there is a last minute issue with funding you might make a Friday vs waiting for Monday.

Bill Hooper
RE/MAX Westside Properties
bhooper@remax.net
It usually take 24 hours for funding and recording, I would check with your lender or Escrow Officer .

Claudia Hansen
Keller Williams Realty LA/Westside
310-598-3350
DRE 01155245
You can also check with your lender who should know as much about it as your escrow officer. It can also depend on how the loan is funded (wire vs. cashier's check).
Most of title companies will not be able to do in Los Angeles county.
It is best you check with your escrow/title officer.

Hope this info will help you! 

Please contact me anytime! 

______________________________ 
Free Consultation 424-777-9377 

Help with any Real Estate Transaction Buy & Sell! 

Thank you for your time. 

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
_______________________________ 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 http://www.TrustSale.com 
Hi Desperaltly Hoping,

Check with your Escrow Officer - they would know. I know you can in Riverside County (where I do most of my deal) and in Orange County but I'm not sure about Los Angeles County.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
You might ask your Escrow Officer; that[' s what she's there for:

I am quite sure that the answer is no;

I also wonder why you would care?
You must have a good reason for asking.
Because this transaction has been going on until 5/4/12 and were eager to get this over with, i can't get the keys until it's recorded
Flag Fri Sep 28, 2012