Home Buying in Little Rock>Question Details

g13169, Home Buyer in Bryant, AR

Can you cancel a contract to sell if you feel threatened by the buyer?

Asked by g13169, Bryant, AR Mon Jul 2, 2012

If they agree to an amount up front and try to change it and pay less, can you cancel then?

Help the community by answering this question:


As I stated earlier below....only "1" thing counts...that's "what is in writing". If you agreed to a certain price "in writing" and they are changing the agreement...if it's not in writing...they just can't or your agreement is void IF everything is in writing. Not sure what you mean when you say "threatened" by the buyer though.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 26, 2012
OBVIOUSLY, I do not have either an attorney, so if your comment is to do what they say, please feel free NOT to comment to me. This is NO help. To those who offered a true comment with a basic answer to my question, THANK YOU for your help. You are very kind.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 26, 2012
Follow the advice of your realtor, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 2, 2012
Remember that a real estate contract is a legal agreement between two parties, and both parties are held to the terms of that contract. The state real estate contracts, which are prepared by Arkansas attorneys, and used by Arkansas licensed real estate agents, stipulate allowances to the buyer and the seller when the contract may become null and void. If you are working with a license Arkansas real estate agent, then they can guide you through this process at no additional cost for an attorney. If not, then you need to consult with your attorney to determine the terms of the contract that you used.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 2, 2012
THANK YOU! Finally, an actual answer! God Bless you!
Flag Thu Jul 26, 2012
It helps if you have a Real Estate Agent representing you to walk you through the process but the bottom line is always remember "all real estate contracts MUST be IN WRITING"....so whatever agreement you have "in writing" stands...if the buyer is attempting to change anything, you answer is no, heck no and they can cancel the deal and you can accept that cancellation. Otherwise you may be stuck to the deal. If you don't have an agent then I would call maybe "legal aid" and see if they would answer the question for you or contact an attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 2, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer