Housing, Home Buyer in Danville, CA

Can we negotiate the price or upgrades in Gale Ranch newer communities for the yet to be build houses just released?

Asked by Housing, Danville, CA Sun Apr 24, 2011

Can we negotiate the price or upgrades in Gale Ranch newer communities for the houses just released? The market seems to be very slow and jumbo confirm loan resets from $729k to $625k. The prices may be trending downwards.

Answers

9
Amy’s answer
Hi Housing,
Congratulations, it sounds like you have found the right house for you. I worked for Shapell for 7 years and would love to help you make this purchase and get the best deal. Please contact me for details.

Dear Housing:

Of course you should feel comfortable negotiating the price of a brand new home and / or the price for upgrades. Construction of new homes has slowed significantly and the builders are anxious to turn over their inventory. Before beginning the negotiation process make sure you are clear with yourself on what you are willing to give up if the negotiations don't go the way you want (i.e., don't get the home at the price you want). Because these negotiations can be emotionally difficult, I usually recommend having a third party assist with the process. A real estate agent can represent you, and negotiate for you. Find one you trust, are comfortable working with, and then begin the process of purchasing your home.

You should also look at the Trulia Voices "Advice" section for comments from other home buyers and agents who have looked at these homes recently.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
When you are dealing with real estate, everything is negotiable.

My advice is to find a buyers agent in your area who has experience with new home construction. They can walk you through the process and what is possible and available.

If you are in need of a good agent, I would be happy to refer you to someone. Just shoot me an email.

It's more than real estate. It's RAYL-Estate!

Brian Rayl, REALTOR®, e-PRO, SFR
Keller Williams Elite Dallas Park Cities
972-949-4222
Brian@Rayl-Estate.com
http://BrianRayl.com
Web Reference: http://brianrayl.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
Dear Housing:
I am not able to share specific information with you. If this information were readily available, the builders would know and would probably increase the "starting price" of the home to cover the "decrease" they will negotiate. You need to determine comparable prices in San Ramon and establish what a fair price is for you, before you enter into purchasing this home or making an offer.

I wish you success in achieving your goal.
While the answer is yes to negotiating, you wont find hard facts and figures on newly released homes so easily. You may want to take your realtor their and check on the results.
Thanks for the replies even though the generic answer is yes to negotiate but did anyone got price reduced or free upgrades (by how much %) in past 6 months in Gale Ranch for the new homes where only foundation was ready?
Hello Housing-

As the other Realtors mentioned - negotiate, negotiate! Just be sure to find a good Realtor and they must sign in on your first visit.

Good luck to you!
Hi Housing,
Yes, you can negotiate however, you should do so with the assistance of a realtor that has the expertise. If you register with a realtor on your first visit, they can represent you. The developer will not let you use one if you have signed in on your own. Make sure to negotiate up front instead of after you have signed the contract.
Good luck to you,
Suzanne Looker
Hi Housing,

Generally, everything is negotiable and really just depends on how motivated the builder is to move the property off the books. If the property is complete or almost complete they may by more willing to negotiate price. If it is a recent start or still in foundation then they have "all the time in the world" to sell it so they generally be less flexible. They may offer $$ worth of upgrades during this phase. I would work with an agent because an agent can help you accurately price the home and negotiate on your behalf. If you know what's out there and how much they are being sold for then you at least have a better starting position to start negotiations. Typically it does not cost you anything to have professional representation on your side.

If I can help let me know. I specialize in Danville and San Ramon and would be more than happy to discuss your options with you.

Robin Brooks
(925) 212-2446
robin@agentrobin.com
Web Reference: http://www.agentrobin.com