2. Review the buyers rep agreement you signed with agent. You should be able to cancel at anytime UNLESS they located a home for you .
3. No professional can render an opinion till they read the agreement you signed with Realtor.
4. Do they have a Broker ? If so contact broker office .
My website is updated daily therefore saves you time search accurate information
Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.
Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter
(If my answer is helpful indicate by THUMBS UP or BEST ANSWER. Thank you )
This realtor is a broker and works alone so there is no one to show us houses when he is unavailable. I understand that realtors need vacations too, it's just that this 6 day vacation came 8 days after my husband signed the contract and the realtor knew we were in a big hurry to find a home. My husband would not have signed the contract if he had known that his realtor would be unavailable to us shortly. I was out of town, so didn't know about the contract till after the fact - I would not have given up the $500. My husband is smart, but very trusting and all he heard was "it will be returned after the purchase of our house'. He didn't read the fine print :(
The contract says the retainer fee will be refunded when we purchase a house through this realtor, but that if we don't purchase a home through him (after the contract ends or maybe during this week?) he gets to keep the $500. I'm not totally against continuing to work with him, but don't want to lose our $500 if another agent finds us a house while he's away or if we don't come back to him after the contract ends. If we don't find a house this week, we'll have to start renting and the urgency will be gone - might take a break from house hunting since we might be stuck in a lease.
I feel that he's already compromised our situation and was hoping this leave of absence would void our contract. We tried to look at a house today through the listing agent (telling him our agent was out of town) but the listing agent refused to show it to us himself since 'showings take up so much time.
Since we would need to contact the broker if we had an issue with a realtor's contract, who do we contact if we have an issue with a contract written by a broker?
Houses are going fast - the best ones sell within a few days of being listed. We've found a few houses we want to see and will need to find a buyer's agent tomorrow. We'll take a look at the offers on here - thanks.
Depending upon what you have signed you may be able to break the contract and get your retainer fee back. I would suggest that you tell him your concern and just be opened about it.
Susie Kay, RealtorÂ®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
They will be identified either as a "salesperson" or "individual broker" under the field for Licensee Type, in the search results. If shown as a salesperson, their account should then be tied to a "Sponsor Name" which should display the contact info for their broker.
I also have never heard of any buyer's agent asking for a retaining fee, since as stated previously, the commissions are in fact paid by the seller. Your agent should have provided a copy of the representation contract, which should be reviewed carefully as well for cancellation terms.
Diane Briggs, REALTORÂ®
If you are in need of a buyers agent, even temporarily, I will be happy to help you.
I agree with the others: Contact the agent's broker. If you in fact are dealing with the broker, then you have to decide whether you want to continue with that representation. Only you can make that decision, and there are arguments on both sides of the issue.
It's not clear from your question about whether you're looking to buy or rent your next property. If it's rent: I don't know about Dallas, but in lots of areas, new properties tend to come on the market right around the first of the month. Your agent could take a 6 day vacation and come back in time to handle that new influx of rentals.
If it's buying--your urgency depends not only on your own timetable but also how hot the Dallas market it. If it's real hot, you want to get your offers in on new properties as soon as possible. If it's slow, then a few days isn't likely to make as much of a difference.
Hope that helps.
Six days isn't a long time. I suggest that you do some of the leg work until your agent gets back in town and just stay loyal to him. Drive by some houses you like and have list of homes you want to see ready for him when he gets back.
He's not a bad agent simply because he's taking a few days off. Surely you hired him and gave him a deposit for a reason.
If it doesn't work out and you opt to terminate your relationship with him completely, give me a call. I am the owner/broker of one of Dallas' oldest and most successful Exclusive Buyer Agencies, HelpUBuy America. We charge a flat-fee for our services, so our fee is the same regardless of whether you buy a $150,000 home or a $500,000 home. This eliminates the conflict of interest that exists when you an agent is paid a commission based on the sales price of the home.
We've been protecting the rights of first-time homebuyers since 1995, and we'd love to assist you. I've also had a book published on Amazon called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll be the best $6 you've ever spent.
Let me know if we can help.
Alysse Musgrave http://www.HelpUBuyAmerica.com