Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

marcia_2404, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Can the underwritter deny our loan while Green Card is being renewed?

Asked by marcia_2404, Houston, TX Tue Feb 26, 2013

My husband and I are applying for an FHA loan. The house is being built. Have been in the proscess for almost a year. Now we turned in all of our required documents to the broker because the house is almost done and we can now start the loan process. Loan officer asked us for our Green Cards/Permanent Resident cards. Mine is all good but my husband's expired 2 yrs ago. (We completaly forgot that it would expired because we hadn't have the need to leave the country or showed it for new employment since he's been with his company for 6yrs, so we had it put away with all of the remaining important documents) Now we filed for the renewal and I provided all the documentation to the broker but she doesn't know weather the underwritter will accept that or not. Can someone pls give me some feedback as to what are the odds we'll get approved.

Answers

4
John Lyng’s answer
Marcia,

I think that the odds are against you with FHA. I hope that I'm wrong, but if not I should be able to help you if it doesn't work out, as long as you're buying a home for no more than my cap of $200,160.

If you need help contact me at JLyng@naca.com.

John Lyng
Mortgage Counselor - NMLS 280951
HI Marcia,

Ya its going to be a tough call.

You can get in town with your lawyer and see if they can provide the loan processor more information besides the renew application. As the application wont mean too much to them.

Dixon
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
Kenny is right. There is no way a loan company can predict whether your husband's green card renewal will be granted or not. It's better also talk to your immigration attorney.
Yes they can. Guideline for even US citizens have gotten very very tight. If you want a loan, if the underwriters say jump, you jump. Talk with your Realtor.

Kenny
Turtle Creek Realty