Home Buying in Lufkin>Question Details

Natedogg__132, Home Buyer in 75961

Can the VA loan be used for a home that need major updating say around 30K-40k in cosmetic work?

Asked by Natedogg__132, 75961 Tue Mar 9, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


You need to check into Texas Vet.

Improvement loans are available for qualified veterans in Texas. No, this is not the VA -- it's from the Lone Star. You can check out the information at the Veteran's Land Board website.
Web Reference: http://www.Mortgages-TX.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 9, 2010
The house still must pass the VA inspection. Once it has passed an inspection via the VA contracted inspectors and you have purchased the home, you can get a loan through the Texas Veterans Land Board to make home improvements. Check our the attached link regarding Texas Veterans Land Board. http://www.glo.texas.gov/vlb/index.html

Hope this helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 19, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer