NHB75019, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Can't find a new home in coppell ISD

Asked by NHB75019, Dallas, TX Sat Mar 9, 2013

I am trying to find a new home in Coppell ISD. I am aware of 4 new builders Toll, Darling, DW and Cambridge. Cambridge and Darling does not fit my family's needs (3 kids 1 dog = need a yard) and Toll and DW seems to 800K .My friends have suggested that I either buy used (to stay below 400K) or be prepared to spend atlest 650K. The problem is that I can't seem to find any thing new under 800K. Am i foolish to continue to look in coppell?

Answers

10
local newspapers are your best bet
Pick any 1 Realtor to work with only and find what you are looking for.
David Weekley may get you there.
Also there are perhaps a couple of other options.
RedHawk in Coppell.
Paul Taylor homes in Coppell.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Aaron - thank you! You have a great list on your website. BTW - Is the "Belmont Landing neighborhood" a new DW site in coppell?

I looked at their Ridgecrest estate in 1Q however they increased their price by over 100K and were thinking of increasing it further. It is beyond the reach of most coppell home buyers.
Belmont Landing was approved at City council last month. At the meeting they mentioned it would be David Weekley and homes may start in the high 300's to low 400's. I would estimate construction wouldn't be done till early Spring next year with homes available. As I get more info I'll let you know as the timing and price may vary.

A lot of these new communities are raising prices. Toll Brothers in Coppell had a remarkable first day of opening/sales and raised the price over 80k...
Flag Fri May 3, 2013
I've compiled some new home info here
http://www.coppelldad.com/web/pgcnfID_127359/Coppell-New-Homes

Just this month the City approved David Weekly Homes's new Belmont Landing neighborhood that will be built at teh SW corner of Belt Line and MacArthur, just west of McDonalds. Construction should start next month with homes available end of year or early 2014 (according to the homebuilder). Prices may start around 300k and up (according to the home builder)

There is also Red Hawk at Denton Tap and Bethenl School.
Finding a brand new home with a decent sized yard for under 650K in Coppell ISD is not realistic. Are you open to buying a lot and then building on it? What is your timeframe? You can call me at (214) 695-8148 to discuss this. I live in Coppell and I own Land in Coppell which I have plans to develop.
If you are interested in preowned homes you can find well cared for homes with a yard under 450K. Feel free to call me at your convenience.
No you ARE not foolish would be happy to assist you with homes search in Coppell. I also on the City board of Coppell feel honored show you everything our community offers.

Coppell homes for sale Coppell Tx - website updated daily
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5055…

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
There are some alternatives... CB Jeni is building townhomes in Hemingway Ct. Sumeer building duplexes in Hemingway Ct. Both around $300,000 or maybe a bit less. JR Rose has some homes about $300,000 on North Coppell Rd and 121.

I heard Standard Pacific just bought a nice piece of land behind Magnolia Park, but I think the prices have to be about $750,000 and up based on what they paid for the land.

Paul Taylor has 4-5 lots on Sandy Lake. Not sure if they are sold or what price range yet.

Weekley also has about 25 homes or so getting ready to go up on Sandy Lake. I understand base will be about $350,000 there....so that means $450,000 probably by the time you upgrade and get what you really want. There is also Grand in Valley Ranch.

Here's a link to some of the homes.
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/23475,2…

Always always always use a realtor when buying a new home. When you are making one of the largest purchases in your lifetime, you want someone in your corner. Normally we'll save you time, money, or just a lot of headaches and maybe even give you more options that you new about...:-).

I've got a great resale coming on the market this week that looks nearly new to me at $450K. There are occasionally some great resale options, depending on what you want.

I live in Coppell and my office is here too, so we know the area well.
I agree with your friends. Land is at a premium in Coppell and anything new under $650K-$800K will be on a very small, if not zero lot line, lot. Builders know what they can get for their homes over there and they are maximizing every dollar, which pretty much shuts out potential mid-range buyers that need more yard. Those homes simply do not exist in Coppell, and at this point, they will probably never exist in Coppell. There are however, many very nice pre-owned homes that have been loved and cared for by their owners. If I can show any of those to you, or help you analyze pricing for them, please don't hesitate to get in touch - I will treat you and your family as if I were doing business for myself or one of my loved ones. All of my clients receive that level of service and respect.
Your friends are correct.