Zakita Green, Renter in Milton, FL

Can someone with bad credit purchase o home as a first time buyer?

Asked by Zakita Green, Milton, FL Mon Sep 9, 2013

Answers

5
It is hard to fully understand by what you mean with "bad credit" because we need specifics but I will try to help you. Of course having bad credit can hurt your chances of getting a loan, but it possible with certain lenders like myself. There are some lenders, like myself, that are able to give out loans with credit scores as low as 580 and sometimes lower when its due to hard situations. Even if you are under the credit score of 580, I would be more than willing to point you in the right direction if you'd like to contact me. Either way, I would be glad to speak with you and help you get the loan that you need.

Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you need a loan, feel free to contact me. Also, if you found this helpful please leave me a recommendation if you can!

Brian Nguyen Sr.
Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
Hi Zakita,

Looks like you've received a lot of good advice here -- one of the great things about the Trulia community!

As advised by others, your best bet is to find a great Buyer's Agent to represent you in your home search and purchase -- and have them refer Lender(s) for you to speak with that can review your situation and offer practical, actionable suggestions as to what loan programs you do or could qualify for -- and what you would need to do in the way of credit repair (if any) to get ready to apply.

If you aren't working with anyone, and would like me to assist you, please call or email me through my web site.

Barbara Murphy
Broker, Tartan Properties
Pace-Milton-Pensacola-Gulf Breeze-Navarre Area
850-686-9919
There are a lot of variables but it's definitely worth a call to a lender.

When you are ready to buy, the best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!
I would recommend you contact a few different banks and find out what they have to offer. A good mortgage broker can walk you through the requirements for a loan and let you know if you would qualify and how much you could qualify for.
-
-
At least you are honest.

The answer is yes, but you will likely need a substantial amount down.

Are we talking a few late payments here and there and scores in the low 600s?

Or

Are we talking just flat don't pay anything on time, collections, etc. with a note at the bottom of the credit report that reads: Hold For Cash Reward?

-