Chris Bennett, Home Buyer in Cottage Grove, WI

Can someone tell me why no one will contact you from RealtyTrac? Is it no longer in existence or is it just a scam? chrisbennett_99@yahoo.com

Asked by Chris Bennett, Cottage Grove, WI Thu Mar 8, 2012

I'm looking at a Pre-Foreclosure and no one will contact me

Answers

5
Julie Flint’s answer
Hi Chris,
Realty Trac will not return your calls because they are not a Broker, and they can not advertise a specific property on the web as it is illegal to advertise a property that you do not have a listing contract for. They are however a place of information on forclosures if you are willing to pay for it on a monthly basis. They do have a 7 day free trial period. I however, do not recomend you pay for information you can already get from your local agent. I am very atuned to the Cottage Grove market and would be willing to help you find a house that is right for you. There is a new forclosure in Cottage Grove that has been on the market about a month now if that is the house you are looking at. Julie Flint, Evans Properties, LLC C# 608-279-4247 OFFICE 839-9100
RealtyTrac is a site that tracks pre-foreclosures and foreclosures; however, since most of these properties end up being listed by a broker, consider working with an agent of your own. Also keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always be accurate and oftentimes can be misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, again, work with an agent--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties.
Hi Chris,
Realty Trac does exist, however most of the properties are distressed. Meaning that they are in pre-foreclosure or the properties are bank owned. Some homes have been sold. It's best to work with a Real Estate Agent to get accurate information regarding distressed properties. I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Judy Braund, 608-235-0431 judybraund@kw.com
RealtyTrac does still exist. However, so many of the leads that come from the internet sites are not necessarily motivated buyers and/or sellers. Therefore, some Realtors may tend not to respond. In other some cases the Realtor may not have the account set up properly and may not be tracking questions/leads from the site. It is hard to say......

What questions do you need answered?

Donna Birschbach- The Birschbach Team
Keller Williams - Madison
I advertise on and use realtytrac, trulia and zillow for Monona. Some agents may not respond anymore because the leads don't respond back. Also, home owners that are in trouble tend not to respond right away if at all.

Call or email if you have any questions,
Ron Hull
608-345-4049
Ron@ronaldhull.com