Home Buying in Glen Head>Question Details

Kevburke77, Home Buyer in Albertson, NY

Can someone tell me about the differences between the Glen Head and Glenwood Landing schools? Any insight on Catholic schools in the area?

Asked by Kevburke77, Albertson, NY Wed Jan 30, 2013

Anna M Brocco’s answer
Consider a visit to the schools; ask for a tour of the facility, speak to the superintendent, principal, teachers, etc., then make your determination, as to where your comfort level can be reached. For school information see links.
There are 3 grammar schools on the North Shore district, Sea Cliff, Glen Head, and Glenwood Landing.
All three are located in residential blocks with lovely property, playing fields, and playgrounds. These 3 grammar school fold into the 1 middle school grades 6-8, and the high school is 9-12.

I have 3 children myself who all attended the North Shore Schools and went on to good colleges and pending careers. You can call me if you want more info.

As for Catholic Schools, we have All Saints Regional in our area. This is for K-8. This past week they had an open house, however, I'm sure they will show you around any time if you are interested.
Regarding the Catholic Schools, there are several options. In addition to All Saints Regional in Glen Cove, there is also St. Dominic's in Oyster Bay which includes grades K-12. For High School, there are various options depending on whether you are interested in co-educational, all boys or an all girls school. Our Lady of Mercy and Sacred Heart are Girls' High Schools. Kellenburg and St. Anthony's are both co-ed Catholic High Schools. Chaminade High School, located in Mineola, is a highly competitive Boys' Catholic High School which attracts top students from all over Long Island, New Jersey, Manhattan, and West Chester. In short, there are several options for Catholic High Schools in the area.
Flag Sun Nov 23, 2014
Thanks Ellen. Much appreciated.
Flag Thu Jan 31, 2013