Home Buying in Menifee>Question Details

Karam Tascoe, Home Buyer in Escondido, CA

Can someone tell me a little about the Summerhouse at the Lakes community?

Asked by Karam Tascoe, Escondido, CA Wed May 29, 2013

I am interested in teh quality of life, schools, neighbors and taxes to include HOA.

For what it's worth, that part of Menifee is eligible for 100% no down payment financing that actually gives a home buyer a lower payment than if they used FHA financing with a 3.5% to 5% down payment.

It might be worth comparing this financing option to either a down payment assistance program and a low down payment Conventional program if buying in Menifee, Winchester, Wildomar, Murrieta, or Temecula area.

read the web reference link below for more info.
Thanks Brad, I was planning on using my VA but are you referring to the USDA program? The taxes and HOA are a bit intimidating but I love this community.
Flag Wed May 29, 2013
Quality of life is excellent. We live in this community. The community is centered around the clubhouse and pool. There are numerous events: Halloween, Easter egg hunt, chili cook off, and more that take place here. They just had a "parents night out." The schools are great: Southshore Elementary and Callie Kirkpatrick Elementary and just outside the gates. The middle school is a 5 minute walk away. The neighbors are fantastic. There are tons of kids so if that's what you are looking for, you've got it here. The hoa is $196 a month and taxes are a little higher than other tracts but if you ask the homeowners, those that take advantage of the amenities will agree its worth it.

If you would like a tour or have additional questions, don't hesitate to call.

Dan and Jessica Evans
Menifee Realty
The taxes will differ depending on price. Short sales are going in the low to mid 200s but there are also some 4000sqft houses selling in the mid 300s. Depending on what youre looking at, you can expect to pay between $500-$650 a month in taxes. While that may seem high, other same year communities are in the $450-$550 a month range. The good thing is that, because of the higher taxes, the prices of resale homes in the community is lower than some of the other communities.
Flag Wed May 29, 2013
Thanks Jessica for the prompt reply. We may drive up Sunday to take a look around. That HOA is steep. Can you tell me what the taxes amount to? 1.5% -2% Im assuming.
Flag Wed May 29, 2013