Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

jlohalo, Both Buyer and Seller in 60069

Can someone suggest the top 10 gated communities around Orlando that have homes available for purchase in the $300,00 - $450,000 range?

Asked by jlohalo, 60069 Sat Jun 29, 2013

Answers

14
Hi Jlohalo, your question is very specific but there are so many great communities here.......and so many other factors to take into consideration such as your lifestyle, amenities, location, type of home, etc. I would love to speak with you directly to understand your purchase motivations in order to better meet your needs. Feel free to call or email me for a private, no obligation consultation.
I would love to hear from you.
Sylvia Paul
Realty Center
(407) 864-3139
sylvia@sylviapaulrocks.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 29, 2013
Hi jlohalo,

Some nice community suggestions have been posted. Any particular reason you're only looking at gated neighborhoods? I've arrived at many showings only to discover the listing agent either incorrectly stated the gate code or didn't even indicate there was a gate or code. No worries, I just piggy-backed in behind someone else. It isn't very difficult to get into a gated community.

Unless a community has a guard at the gate with strict rules for allowing access, gated is mostly going to give you a false sense of security. I am aware of incidents where kids jumped over walls or their friends inside gave them codes, not to mention how often trouble is living within the gates.

If crime is of concern, you might want to check out the Orlando Sentinel Crime map. I have a link posted on my Buyer Resources web page but will post the link here for your convenience:

http://www.orlandosentinel2.com/data/crime/

Just enter your selected area search criteria and then view the results. This will help give you an idea of what communities you may consider "safe" but there are no guarantees.

Gates are frequently damaged by service vehicles such as lawn services and delivery trucks when drivers are in a hurry or just careless. Depends on the HOA maintenance crew, if there is one, as to how quickly repairs are made. The batteries are very expensive and I've heard complaints from homeowners about the cost of replacements. Just a few more things to consider.

I live in a neighborhood located in "the sticks" of Osceola County, well off the beaten path, but a burglar still managed to find our house a few years ago...thankfully I was home. Generally it's been a quiet and safe development even though not gated. If you want stricter access monitoring, a very restricted guarded gate is your best bet.

Pleased to be of assistance! Give me a holler if you'd like to discuss further. :)
Eagle Creek, VillageWalk at Lake Nona, Water's Edge at Lake Nona, North Shore at Lake Hart, and many neighborhoods in Wyndham Lakes ad Hunter's Creek immediately come to mind.

Thanks for being so incredibly off topic Steve. Sorry about that Jlohalo.
Hi Jlohalo,

There are approx 99 homes in the Orlando/Orange County area alone that meet these criteria.

These are some of the nicest areas and communities in Orlando, and places that I or my loved ones would consider living.

As a retired Law Enforcement Officer right here in Central Florida, I can appreciate your concern for wanting to live in a safe and secure community.

Please see the link below: (cut and paste)

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=2020079…

Please feel free to contact me directly carlrealtycenter@aol.com or by phone 407-832-4650.

I can set up a search for you and will start sending you listings for other homes in this area that are currently available. Also, you’ll be automatically notified if something matching is newly listed.
If you have any questions or see anything you might be interested in please let me know. I can research the home (s) and make arrangements for you to have a private showing and meet you there.
I hope this is helpful.
Please know, I can help you purchase ANY home in Florida. If there is another area you might be interested in, just let me know and I’ll set up a search for you there also.

Carl Head
Realty Center-Orlando
Hi Jlohalo,

I will be more than happy to assist you with this request. Please contact me directly and I can email you a listing of home based upon the specifics you have provided.

Thanks and have a great day!

Helen M. Weaver

Watson Realty Corp.

1950 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy

Kissimmee, FL 34744

Email: hmweaver@watsonrealtycorp.com

407 202 6944 - Cell

407 847 4781 - Office

407 847 5419 - Fax
Orlando is set up into four big corridors. There are some really beautiful gated communities in Orlando. I can set you up on automated system where I can send you some of these homes and you can review to see if any of these interest you. If you are out of state at least you can see what is available to you to determine if this the correct move for you.

Nikki Berman
Prudential Florida Realty
nikki@floridahomesbynikki.com
Hi jlohalo,

Thanks for turning to Trulia for your real estate questions.

There are many gated communities in and around Orlando with that price range. The top 10, you will find, most of us have the same answer.

If you are looking move to certain area...that would be the place to start.
Does it need to be close to work? Shopping? Entertainment? Or is a quiet out of the way place what you are looking for?

If I can be of service, please feel free to let me know.

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com
Good Evening, Jlohalo!

There are many amazing communities throughout the Central Florida area that would certainly fit within your price range. Again, it's going to really come down to where you will be working or commuting to and what amenities you are wanting and/or needing. The HOA fees for gated communities vary widely, as do the amenities.

I would love to speak with you directly to find out all about your wants and needs and help guide you to the perfect community. I am an Accredited Buyers Representative and strictly work with buyers! Please take a minute to view our "recommendations" of what my other buyers have thought about their buying experience with us. We our passionate about helping people find their dream home!

Feel free to call this evening, tomorrow or anytime that is convenient for you. You can reach me at 407-922-9767 or email CarrieCLPM@gmail.com.

Looking forward to working with you and hearing from you soon!
Carrie Courtney, ABR
Changing Latitudes Real Estate & Property Management
407-922-9767
http://www.CLREflorida.com
Hi Jlohalo,

Thanks for posting your question. There are some great gated communities in the Southwest area of Orlando, such as: Belle Meade, Vizcaya, Belmere, Glenmuir, Keene's Point, Lake Sheen Reserve, and Winward Cay just to name a few. These communities are also located close to golf courses, Disney, shopping and fine dining restaurants. If privacy and security are your concerns, I might be able to assist you. Hope this info was helpful!

Much Success,

Valentina Ogden
Coldwell Banker Residential RE
Jlohalo,

Please forward your preferences to my email, with your preferred location based on where you do most of your business to limit the commute time. Please review my profile for your confidence to be reassured only the best will do.

Speak to you soon,

Vincent Paige |REALTOR® | RE/MAX Showcase
Certified Broker Price Opinion Registered Agent (BPOR)
Florida Military Specialist (FMS)
8934 Conroy Windermere Road | Orlando, FL 32835
Direct: 407.256.8190 | Fax: 407.264.8073
E-mail:vince@thepremiumproperties.com

There are many great communities in Orlando and the surrounding areas that fall within your price range. What exactly are you looking for in a home? Are you looking to be close to your workplace or a particular school? I’ve had customers who were very specific in the type of architecture and roofing that they are looking for (eg. tile roofing as opposed to shingle). I like to pay close attention to my customer’s criteria before I even suggest communities. If you would like to discuss further what you are looking for in a home, please feel free to call or email me. Thanks and have a great weekend!

Karen Weathers, REALTOR
Charles Rutenberg Realty
407-618-6727
environ0103@hotmail.com
Hi There:

Lake Nona area with an expected 30000 jobs and ~$7.6 Billion Dolars impact on the region’s economy takes the cake as far as investment is concerned. Eagle Creek & Village Walk are both in Lake Nona, gated and have beautiful homes within your price range. If gate is not absolute must Laureate Park & Randall Park in Lake Mary are also very nice.

Keenes Pointe, Belmere & Glenmuir in Windermere are all gates and absolutely beautiful (My personal Favorite is Keenes Pointe)

Reunion close to Kissimmee & Heathrow in Lake Mary & Bay Hill in Dr. Phillips area are also very very nice.

I have sold several properties in all these areas so feel free to call or email me with any questions. Below are just a few homes for your review

http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/listings/minpri…

Have a great evening.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
There are multiple gated communities throughout Metro Orlando, forward your email to mine below and I will set you up to receive properties listed for sale on the mls system with complete details and pictures.

Dave Lowe real estate broker
GRI, CDPE, REPM, ePRO
davelowe@OrlandoHomeStore.com

I offer new home buyer rebates to help with your closing cost.
Hi Jlohalo,

Finding homes in a gated community in the 300- 450k range will be easy. There are several great communities like this. It will really come down to where you want to be and how far from work you will want to drive. I have several tools that can assist you in this process. I also can provide you with past client and customer testimonials to show you how I work. Take a minute to view my profile and endorsements to see if you would be interested in working with me. I look forward to earning your business.

Have a great day!

Jennifer Barker
Exit Realty Central
jenniferbarkerrealestate@gmail.com
407-334-4856