Home Buying in Myrtle Beach>Question Details

maria0805h, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

Can someone recommends a reliable home inspector?

Asked by maria0805h, Miami, FL Sun Aug 18, 2013

Answers

5
337ventures advice on home inspections is ill advised and clearly a product of being misinformed. Ordering a home inspection is 100% recommended and in the instance where a purchaser does not have a prior relationship with someone to inspect the home, real estate agents by law are required to provide 3 different qualified servicers for the client to contact and then they can hire the one that best suits them.
Hope my response catches you before you have hired a house inspector. Don't.... simply don't hire one. Unfortunately, when acquiring property the banks demand certain things that must be performed by outside vendors, fortunately, this is not one of those things however, when utilizing one from your real estate agents recommendation etc., the inspector you hire, is often working in the best interest of the making the deal happen. As much as I would love to elaborate on this, I don't want to offend those agents and inspectors that may be in this feed.. Just don't lose sight of this important keynote when purchasing property... the system is designed and gets rewarded, by making the deal happen.
Rather than hiring an inspector, visit a well known, long term builder in the area. Chamber of commerce can help with this and is only one of many ways to identify who to contact, and who not to. Not only will this person have the skills necessary to perform an inspection, but they also will dare to cross the threshold that many will not. Especially with structural integrity issues, etc.. Some may argue that you lose the "certificate" and insurance of "going back to them if they miss something," etc. But, I can assure you, as a buyer from the wetlands to the mountains, I have learned many things and two of those things are... the contractor may miss small "superficial" things, but is there for you, and you only, the structural integrity and safety of the home will be criticized and, when I did use inspectors, I never....never, had an inspection when there wasn't a critical structural finding show up and there is no fall back, no accountability, regardless as to what is told to you. The cost of making the repair and going after the inspector that "couldn't have missed it, but did," is off the charts. Keep in mind that if and when you ever come face to face with this situation, attorney's will not be available for you in that area because at some point in time, the inspector, the bank, the agent, the agents firm, the insurance carrier for the inspector, someone at some point, hired that attorney, and you will always hear the famous words "sorry, there is a conflict of interest." I don't mean to sound negative on this topic, but I am passionate about it and have great learned experiences. Again, just remember that the wheel of real estate spins in the direction of profit for everyone involved, but you... So use common "cents" and protect your profit before it leaves your check book. If I can help in any way, just shoot me a message.
Maria,
In addition to Chad Sisson, There is Fred Castiglione & Elwood Hackney Very good choices! But if your working with a Realtor now them may beable to offer you 3 names or a list of home inspectors.
Cordially,
Christine House
Sure, your Realtor can recommend 3 good inspectors, ask them.
Chad Sissons is very reliable and very good and he is the right price. sissonhomeinspection.com it his web page and his cell number is 1-843-251-7583.