Home Buying in Wellesley>Question Details

OM, Other/Just Looking in 02115

Can someone recommand a good home inspector for wellesley area?

Asked by OM, 02115 Sat Aug 23, 2008

Answers

6
Centsable Inspection’s answer
Since MA Home Inspector licensing in 2001, a consumer must have a signed exclusive buyer's agent agreement with a Real Estate Broker or Salesperson before the Real Estate Broker or Salesperson can refer a home inspector. ( See Massachusetts General Law Chapter 112 Section 87YY1/2 )

Without a signed exclusive buyer's agent agreement, the Real Estate Broker or Salesperson may only refer the buyer to the list of all MA Home Inspectors from the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Home Inspectors.

A "good" home inspector has an interesting aspect now that The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires licensing of home inspectors. The Board of Registration of Home Inspectors does not provide any criteria to rate a home inspector. A Standard Home Inspection in Massachusetts is a home inspection performed to the MA Home Inspector Standards of Practice (SOP).

Home Inspectors can provide additional/optional services that are not in conflict with the prohibitions listed in the SOP. Some common consumer criteria for a "good" home inspector are; Photographs or no photographs in the inspection report, hand-written report or computer generated report, use of measurement instruments or no use of measurement instruments.

Feel free to contact me if you have further questions regarding Massachusetts home inspectors.

Jim Mushinsky
Centsable Inspection
508-877-5939
The best home inspector in the Wellesley area is John Tambascio. John is from Needham and will go just about anywhere. I started recommending him when he worked for Tiger Home Inspections. After many years there and being requested more often than not, John went out on his own. John Tambascio Home Inspection gives a home buyer a wealth of knowledge to maintain a good home, as well as searching for issues. I like that he is very calm and direct with his answers and opinions. He has made my job easier and gives me the assurance that I have done the best for my client.
Info: Phone: 781-898-8321 JTHomeInspector@yahoo.com
Here is a link to a web site that will allow you to search in your area I use them in my area and thee qulifications are A+ Contact Gary Dgdaigneault@wini.com  He will be able to give you information to a Winn inspector in you area.http://www.wini.com
The American Society of Home Inspector's is a good place to start as mentioned. You might want to compare names found there against those found perhaps on Angie's List. Of course you could also give me a call. I am a certfied ASHI inspector. Also certified through Northeastern University and a member of the Better Business Bureau. I have performed home inspections for 12 years now. Pardon the shameless plug but I couldn't resist. If you care to talk or have any further questions please feel free to call me at 781.643.6300

Peace
Hi Oscar,
Here is the link to the american society of Home Inspectors. http://www.ashi.org/ from here you can search by zip code.
Give Mark Forkey a call. He's with Certified Home Inspections and he's a walking encyclopedia. His office number is 800-422-8881. Make sure to request Mark when you call. He's one of, if not the most, thorough Home Inspector I've worked with over the years.